Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2015, 08:51 PM

799 posts, read 2,440,849 times

Advertisements

Looking to put my 3 year old in t ball.

I want the middle of the road. I am annoyed equally by parents who don't want their kids to ever lose and by parents who think their four year old is a phenom. I9 and the Y seem pretty similar, just hoping for specific feedback.

Vic Coppinger Y/ I9 at Berry Miller.

TIA!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2015, 10:45 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,983,072 times
They don't keep scores in tball and I think tball start at least 4? They just learning the basic fundamentals at that age and hitting off the tee for a few more years so I don't know how competitive it will get.

I9 is quite organized with the great websites. I think the fact they are mostly run for profit made it more organized and efficient (and i have no problem they made a buck if they do it right).

Have you look at the local leagues? Pearland got one of the biggest in the city.

Pearland Little League

Old 07-22-2015, 12:41 AM

97 posts, read 154,627 times
I have two kids who are now 9 and 7. I too was wanting something more competetive than I9 and the Y but at the age of 3, there just aren't enough kids playing at a level to make it competitive. PLL has Instructional T-Ball and that will probably give you the level of competition you are looking for. If not just wait till 5 because it doesn't get more competitive than that. My kids have been playing at the Dad's Club since 4 and they love it.

Old 07-22-2015, 05:47 AM

799 posts, read 2,440,849 times
Thanks!

We go to the Dads Club often for friends' kids games and I can't stand hearing the abuse from parents. That's unavoidable after a certain age, but I don't want my son hearing it for now.

Old 07-22-2015, 06:01 AM

97 posts, read 154,627 times
Funny thing is, the parents are the worst at the t-ball level. As the kids get older you hear less chatter from the parents. I coach both of my boys and I couldn't be happier. My kids love it. There's going to be a bad parent here and there but for the most part, it's not a problem for me. I think it comes down to preference.

Old 07-22-2015, 09:18 AM

57 posts, read 178,704 times
When we lived in pearland we played ITB AT the dads club. Are coach had his son and the other coaches son play first and pitcher the whole season. In ITB the kids don't hit the ball that far so it wasn't fair for the other kids during the game. In tball all the kids should get a chance to play each base. Are coach wanted to win each game. Since then we have moved to Friendswood and we played fall and spring ball there and it was more relaxed and also the coach let the kids play each postion. It all depends on what kind of coach u get.
I put my son in i9 sports when he was 4 and he had a great time but this year we put him in a baseball camp at clear springs high school. They taught more the fundamentals and we will be going back next summer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: