Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2015, 08:36 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,240,059 times

Advertisements

This is a rant against Ecopark at IAH. Houston airport parking claims they tell you there are available parking spots. According to this site, you would think there were ample Ecopark spots available:

Fly2Houston - Houston Airport System

Well that is all B.S. I get there and wait in a long line to be told that I can't park because I didn't make a reservation, despite there being ample unused spots?? WTF??

According to their app, they had plenty of spots available. Had I had any idea B.S. like that would happen, I would have left an hour earlier to find another park and fly spot. Well after waiting in line to be told I couldn't park b/c I didn't have a reservation, I had no practicable choice but to park in the Terminal. Ticked.

If you have no spots available, or will NEED a reservation, say so on your website!! I was counting on that. I got there early enough and never had a problem until this 'reservation' nonsense started. Really peeved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2015, 08:49 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,270,067 times
Default Uhhh... Thanksgiving?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htown2013 View Post
This is a rant against Ecopark at IAH. Houston airport parking claims they tell you there are available parking spots. According to this site, you would think there were ample Ecopark spots available:

Fly2Houston - Houston Airport System

Well that is all B.S. I get there and wait in a long line to be told that I can't park because I didn't make a reservation, despite there being ample unused spots?? WTF??

According to their app, they had plenty of spots available. Had I had any idea B.S. like that would happen, I would have left an hour earlier to find another park and fly spot. Well after waiting in line to be told I couldn't park b/c I didn't have a reservation, I had no practicable choice but to park in the Terminal. Ticked.

If you have no spots available, or will NEED a reservation, say so on your website!! I was counting on that. I got there early enough and never had a problem until this 'reservation' nonsense started. Really peeved.
Dude, or dudette, what would you expect on the busiest travel days ever in the US? I can empathize how you may be pissed off, but after visiting with friends and family and enjoying the Thanksgiving gathering and back at the office, or university, you will probably be wishing you did not post this, it won't be a big deal then. Relax, enjoy the people around you, so what if today sucked, it always does. I've got a story, or everyone here probably has a worse story. But in the end, all is good. Happy Thanksgiving!

Last edited by HookTheBrotherUp; 11-25-2015 at 09:22 PM..

Old 11-25-2015, 08:53 PM

61,705 posts, read 87,101,195 times
On their website, there is an option to make online reservation.
"Reservations are now available for ecopark at IAH. To make your reservations, Click Here. Otherwise, parking availability at ecopark is based on a first-come, first-serve basis."
That would be a smart thing to do.

Even if you see there some "free" spots, they might be reserved. I never had any problem with my reservation. Ever.
"At IAH ecopark, we actually guarantee you a space for your travel dates."
https://www.newsouthparkingfpp-tx.co...n/reserve.aspx

Try that next time

Old 11-25-2015, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
Dude, or dudette, what would you expect on the busiest travel days ever in the US? I can empathize how you may be pissed off, but after visiting with friends and family and enjoying the Thanksgiving gathering and back at the office, or university, you will probably be wishing you did not post this, it won't be a big deal then. Relax, enjoy the people around you, so what if today sucked, it always does.
Point was that they said they had ample spots available on their website. Had they said they were full or by reservation only (for the cheap economy parking??) then I would have planned ahead. Yes traffic and everything about getting there today sucked and was stressful.

Old 11-25-2015, 08:54 PM

398 posts, read 394,758 times
IAH and COH are joke organizations ran by mostly incompetent EEOC hires. After working around these worthless goons on a daily basis, I'm not the least bit surprised. Any sort of organization doesn't exist in their realm.

Old 11-25-2015, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
"Reservations are now available for ecopark at IAH. To make your reservations, Click Here. Otherwise, parking availability at ecopark is based on a first-come, first-serve basis."
It would be a smart thing to do.

Even if you see there some free spots, they might be reserved. I never had any problem with my reservation. Ever.
Try that next time
He shouldn't have to make a reservation if they are showing plenty of open spaces on their app. Stop blaming the victim here and blame the idiots who don't know how to use the interface they themselves implemented.

Old 11-25-2015, 08:58 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,270,067 times
Default Yes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickelsTX View Post
He shouldn't have to make a reservation if they are showing plenty of open spaces on their app. Stop blaming the victim here and blame the idiots who don't know how to use the interface they themselves implemented.
I empathize here as well... I work in IT, not all systems are fool proof. Add that to a workforce who does not want to be there, and that is what you end up with. What I meant in my earlier post is that so many people fly on this holiday than any other holiday, so you know you will run into problems, no matter how much you plan, unless you get a relative, friend, or car hire to drop you off at the airport. Personally, that is what we do now, we are a family of six, I always reserve a Blue Van just for us, straight to the airport.

BTW, for what it's worth, I use Eco-Park all the time because they have more people driving around to pick you up on your return. I've used others, but Eco-Park always seems to send two, or three buses for every one you see of the others.... at least that is what I notice when I fly. I've never had a problem with them.

Old 11-25-2015, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
That would be a smart thing to do.

Even if you see there some "free" spots, they might be reserved. I never had any problem with my reservation. Ever.
Try that next time
Did not know about reservations, will definitely do that next time, but they should not mark as having available spots had they been reserved. That was misleading and led to a stressful situation.

Old 11-25-2015, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
I empathize here as well... I work in IT, not all systems are fool proof. Add that to a workforce who does not want to be there, and that is what you end up with. What I meant in my earlier post is that so many people fly on this holiday than any other holiday, so you know you will run into problems, no matter how much you plan, unless you get a relative, friend, or car hire to drop you off at the airport. Personally, that is what we do now, we are a family of six, I always reserve a Blue Van just for us, straight to the airport.

BTW, for what it's worth, I use Eco-Park all the time because they have more people driving around to pick you up on your return. I've used others, but Eco-Park always seems to send two, or three buses for every one you see of the others.... at least that is what I notice when I fly. I've never had a problem with them.
Seems like this has become more and more common. IMO don't implement technology if you're not willing train associates to use it properly. Technology is supposed to make our lives easier not cause headaches. But these days everyone and their mother wants to say "Wow look how far ahead of the curve we are. We have an app."

Old 11-25-2015, 09:35 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,583,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickelsTX View Post
Victim? Far reach there. I park at preflight and reserve prior to every time. I wouldn't expect a parking place to have real time spot data especially given the time of year
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: