Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 10:44 PM

1,162 posts, read 1,893,911 times

Advertisements

This thread is worthless and should be locked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2017, 01:35 AM

1,336 posts, read 6,456,442 times
Gohmert is a patriot. Loves freedom and liberty. Wants you to keep more of your hard-earned money. We need more like him in Congress.

Old 02-28-2017, 01:04 PM

3,283 posts, read 6,066,398 times
Guy couldnt find a duck if it was clawing up the side of his face. Spouts some bull to get a clap then proceeds to do nothing while the state has budgetary issues every two years. Fights an invisible monster, claims success on the tax payer dime. So yeah, standard texas lawmaker which is why hes so successful

Once texas residents start demanding their lawmakers be accountable to tax payers itll change

Old 03-01-2017, 08:08 AM

2,359 posts, read 1,039,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post

As expected,
all conservatives ignored my post

Typical ignorant attitude "I don't like that .... I'll just close my eyes and imagine that I didn't see it"
From the "Well, since you asked..." department:

It wasn't that anybody ignored the comment, but that everyone found it so completely useless that no one saw it necessary to address it, or even acknowledge it.

Why was it completely useless? Because it's a matter of the most mundane common knowledge that Rick Perry started his political career as a Democrat. While you may think you have imparted some great historical scoop to the assembled multitudes, in truth and in fact there's no great revelation there. All the politically aware observers already had this relatively valueless trinket of trivia regarding Rick Perry on mental file, as it were, years and years ago. Your statement delivered no new information, and certainly broke no new ground. In terms of informing your fellow correspondents, it was about 30 years too late to be of any use at all.

It was essentially a pointless waste of bandwidth, frankly. We were all left wondering why you even bothered.

And that's why nobody said anything about it.

Old 03-01-2017, 08:35 AM

670 posts, read 1,446,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherguy View Post
This thread is worthless and should be locked.
I think it's kind of funny, keep it open to attract more of the triggered liberals...

Old 03-01-2017, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
I don't support anything he said.

Some forget that free speech stuff says the government cannot shut me up. My momma, spouse and boss can.
You're one of the few people I've encountered who understands what free speech means.

When I started my last job, our employee orientation addressed free speech, and we were told that free speech ended the minute we walked in the door. Of course, you won't be thrown in jail if you bad mouth your boss, but you'll certainly lose your job.

Old 03-01-2017, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texsn95 View Post
I think it's kind of funny, keep it open to attract more of the triggered liberals...
I guess it has been entertaining after all.

Remember, though, most people really aren't entirely conservative or liberal. For example,

- I'm very pro life (conservative)
- I'm for strict law and order (conservative)
- I'm for expanded military (conservative)
- I'm for moving on immigration programs that allow people who have been in the country for a long time to move toward citizenship (we were getting there on that one, but the current administration is putting a halt to it) (liberal)
- I'm for total marriage equality and for nationwide anti-discrimination laws. (liberal)
- I'm for legalizing marijuana (liberal), which is somewhat contradictory to my law and order beliefs.
- I don't like affirmative action (conservative)
- I'm for a single payer health care system like they have in Scandinavia. (liberal)
- I support Black Lives Matter (liberal)
- i love ethnic, racial, and religious diversity (liberal)
- I believe in being a good environmental steward of this beautiful planet God gave us (liberal)
- I'm very pro-business, including tax incentives to encourage them to move to certain places (conservative)
- I'm for total separation of church and state (liberal)
- I'm pro-gun but believe in thorough background checks (both)

Some of the above are difficult to balance with other aspects. We don't live in a black and white world.

Anyway, at least people I know aren't entirely one way or the other. It shows that they think for themselves and don't develop positions just because talk radio, Fox, or MSNBC says they should think a certain way.

Old 03-02-2017, 11:34 AM

18,155 posts, read 25,380,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Football View Post
Gohmert is a patriot. Loves freedom and liberty. Wants you to keep more of your hard-earned money. We need more like him in Congress.
Gohmert: Promoting a ‘Two-State Solution’ Could Bring God’s Judgment

Louie Gohmert: Sex-Ed Programs Are Straight Out Of Soviet Russia, Don’t Let ‘Kids Be Innocent’

Old 03-04-2017, 02:22 PM

205 posts, read 247,411 times
From today's Houston Chronicle:
"Gohmert said Clinton would have jailed him for being a Christian and speaking out against man-made climate change"

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you, your genuine TX big brain... Louis 'PYLE!' Gohmert.

D'oh!

Old 03-04-2017, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by placidian View Post
From today's Houston Chronicle:
"Gohmert said Clinton would have jailed him for being a Christian and speaking out against man-made climate change"

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you, your genuine TX big brain... Louis 'PYLE!' Gohmert.

D'oh!
Texas seems to have more than its share of politicians who make ole Gomer Pyle seem educated and intelligent.

I hadn't thought of the Gohmert Pyle play on words. Pretty good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: