Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 02:34 PM

3,842 posts, read 8,270,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by detachable arm View Post
This should simply be legalized. Not because of some BS excuse or explanation the stoner crowd repeats over and over, but simply because I just want to get stoned. Now if they could do something about drug testing grunts like me who sit at a desk for work all day....
Finally some honesty!

I have seen so many rationalizations in article comments that it makes my head spin. Supposedly pot cures ALL types of cancer and it is the key to solving all sorts of global criminal and political issues. I think I have even seen hints that it can stop global warming and end world poverty. That is if you believe every cheech and chong that jumps on the rationalization bandwagon on every frikin article comment section. With the amount of effort these people put into lobbying for a vice, I truly think we could solve world poverty if that effort was directed elsewhere.

But again, refreshing to see some honesty in that post instead of the usual BS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2017, 03:46 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,094,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Conservatives are for "small government" but will throw you in jail if X plant is found growing in your land.
Or write state laws telling cities what they can or cannot do... LOL

Old 02-16-2017, 03:51 PM

9,895 posts, read 6,602,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augiec View Post
Or write state laws telling cities what they can or cannot do... LOL
The ironic thing though, is that conservatives complain about wanting more state rights. But then cities want city rights and they don't agree on that. Choose which one you want.

Old 02-16-2017, 04:20 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,859,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielWayne View Post
Finally some honesty!

I have seen so many rationalizations in article comments that it makes my head spin. Supposedly pot cures ALL types of cancer and it is the key to solving all sorts of global criminal and political issues. I think I have even seen hints that it can stop global warming and end world poverty. That is if you believe every cheech and chong that jumps on the rationalization bandwagon on every frikin article comment section. With the amount of effort these people put into lobbying for a vice, I truly think we could solve world poverty if that effort was directed elsewhere.

But again, refreshing to see some honesty in that post instead of the usual BS.
I've never heard of it curing cancer but I have heard people say it increases the appetite of those going through chemotherapy.

Old 02-16-2017, 11:37 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,638,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Conservatives are for "small government" but will throw you in jail if X plant is found growing in your land.
Today's "Conservatives" have no problem with big government as long as it's used against people they disagree with.

Old 02-17-2017, 07:10 AM

18,130 posts, read 25,291,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielWayne View Post
Finally some honesty!

I have seen so many rationalizations in article comments that it makes my head spin.
This is the only rationalization you need
IT'S A WEED
I don't care if it cures cancer or you use it to wipe your .... IT'S A WEED.

If somebody throws a bag of seeds in your yard and it starts growing
Are you a criminal?

Old 02-17-2017, 10:47 AM

20,516 posts, read 33,551,374 times
It's interesting to see the growing feud between Big City Texas and suburban/small town/rural Texas. It was honestly only a matter of time. Good on Houston with this. I imagine Dallas, Travis, and Bexar county will do the same soon enough. The city of Dallas, like Houston, has already decriminalized it

Old 02-17-2017, 12:49 PM

235 posts, read 803,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
Today's "Conservatives" have no problem with big government as long as it's used against people they disagree with.
I'm a conservative (really more libertarian) and I agree with this. They say we should have small government except when it comes to legislating morality, they have no problem getting up in people's business.

Old 02-17-2017, 04:39 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,443,437 times
Spark it up people !!!! Woooo!!! ...................o wait, I live in Ft Bend, never mind. Carry on ��

Old 02-18-2017, 01:43 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,978,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
Weed was already decriminalized on a city level in Houston, but on county level it makes it even closer to "legal". Dallas also has it as a city level.

This move was honestly probably partly made to attack the over conservative governor we have.

When you have a state full of conservatives on a state level, and a bunch of cities full of liberals at city and county levels, fights like this happen. Keep watching back and forth attacks atleast Until the 2018 gubernatiotorial elections.
Doubt it considering she campaigned on this in 2014.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: