Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 05:54 PM

1,717 posts, read 1,709,534 times

Advertisements

It sounds like you're okay with a drive to work. My suggestion is check your commute then draw a circle and see what interests you in that area.

Check the areas for flooding. Flood plane maps, insurance agent for costs, etc. etc.
Tax rates for different areas
Water districts - Some are higher / newer / older than others and that reflects on cost
HOA fees and how they're managed and what they actually do
Do you want a quieter place to unwind from work? It sounds like it if you want a lake / river view.

May I suggest one area in Bella Terra. Nice homes, many still being built, man made lakes, shopping close by and ease of commute. This is south of 1093 and SH 99. Keep in mind HOA fees over over $1,000 and the tax rate is over 3.0. There is shopping along SH99 and of course in other areas. This is in Richmond, TX. Across the road north of 1093 is Katy. Yeah it gets confusing.

One thing to note, lots of apartment buildings going up along SH 99 on the west side of this area. That means more traffic. It also means more stress on the school system and more people to vote on those bond issues for those schools. You may think that doesn't impact you if you don't have school aged children but it does.

I'd also suggest lots of online home shopping and figuring out what you want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2017, 11:24 AM

1,179 posts, read 1,927,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txdemo View Post
Trisha, one and done.
Yep. I'm pretty much applying a wait and see approach to first time posters these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston