Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2018, 10:04 PM

1,442 posts, read 1,570,987 times

Advertisements

https://www.facebook.com/Udilworth09...09310140024571

Documentaries like this is why I'm active in my old neighborhood, because I respect the history behind my stomping grounds. If I can help rid AH of crime and drugs, I'll keep doing what I do. When AH first came to existence, it was Mayberry, you could leave your door open and nothing bad would happen. Fast forward to today, most of the lifelong elderly residents of Acres Homes have died off, though some are still living. The younger generation has no respect for the community and is responsible for the downfall of Acres Homes. AH is one of the few communities that's split between 3 school districts: Klein, Aldine and HISD. Houston's current mayor Sylvester Turner came up in AH.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2018, 11:04 PM

2,192 posts, read 3,223,353 times
it was sad Acres Home was split to appease a lawsuit. That's part of the reason as you have kids all over the place.

If it was invested in early enough in terms of infrastructure who knows what happens? Some residents don't realize what they have and when they run up I-45 to the same thing but spend more to live in it, its too late to realize what you had.

Old 05-19-2018, 06:50 AM

1,442 posts, read 1,570,987 times
You know why AH was split, and race was a contributing factor. When I was growing up there, because of the split I could've gone to any of the 3 high schools in the neighborhood. The neighborhood was designed to have a suburban, wooded feel to it while being located in the city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: