Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2018, 02:22 PM

986 posts, read 1,272,893 times

Advertisements

I say let the haters hate. If they live here and hate it, then at least their opinion is founded and everyone has a right to an opinion. If they don't live here and hate it, then that keeps a little traffic off the freeways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2018, 09:35 PM

4,087 posts, read 3,245,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
Chicago did not create their Bean sculpture it was the same artist that created Houston's Bean sculpture.
This sculpture from the same Artist as Chicago's "Cloud Gate " or commonly called "The Bean" has Houston's .... NOT in any shape of a bean to me. I did not see it in person. Only pictures. Looks like a upright football shape to me.

I do not remember reading a Artist official name for it or if it gains a affectionately called nickname yet? I'd say move it to the football stadium ..... Then commission a new one for the current location.

Of course, since Boston is Beantown ..... . Maybe Chicago's Bean should be there instead ....

Old 06-17-2018, 10:20 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,563,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkLadyK View Post
I say let the haters hate. If they live here and hate it, then at least their opinion is founded and everyone has a right to an opinion. If they don't live here and hate it, then that keeps a little traffic off the freeways.
This is probably the healthiest attitude to have about it.

Houston doesn't offer the return of investment it once did. If I'm asked to pay Chicago rent, I'll go live in Chicago. It's not hating. I like Houston. I like the Heights. I like the East End. I like Montrose et. Al.

I like Whataburger too. But I don't know that I'd eat lunch at Whataburger if it costed as much as eating lunch at the steakhouse.

I'll share some new photos from Houston soon. It'll always be home. There are a lot of great things about Houston that people here take for granted.

Old 06-18-2018, 08:18 AM

20,516 posts, read 33,551,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy2788 View Post
Almost every international forum I have been on that has to do with city issues and what not has always had a field day with Houston and trash talking it. And people wonder why we always try to defend it and have the gall to say we have an inferiority complex, like they wouldn't do the same sort of defending for their own city.

Its one thing to not like a city for how it looks but some people are just purely offensive and insulting and stoop so far as to make personal attacks on the millions of residents that live here.
Most international forums have people that live in dense, walkable, vibrant, urban cities. Houston is the opposite of what people on those forums like.

Old 06-18-2018, 10:32 AM

1,031 posts, read 1,452,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Most international forums have people that live in dense, walkable, vibrant, urban cities. Houston is the opposite of what people on those forums like.
I agree and looking back my post may have sounded a little childish, I apologize for that. Everyone will always have their own opinions and it is nothing to get mad about. I just don’t like when people sometimes start to personally attack the residents of the city, which especially seems to happen more with cities in southern states because they may believe that everyone in that city/state doesn’t agree with their choice of lifestyle or politics.

But like already said, let the haters hate, they don’t personally affect my day to day life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston