Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2016, 05:42 PM

5 posts, read 19,406 times

Advertisements

Empty nesters here . We're moving soon, from a master-planned community not too far away, after looking many months for homes in places like the Magnolia area, High Meadow Ranch, Crown Oak, Grand Lake, etc. Finally decided to look at Benders Landing Estates and was impressed with the large lots and quality of homes that we saw. Plus it is much closer than these other places to downtown for work commute, especially since the grand parkway is now complete. We're not that familiar with the area, such as shopping, dining, cable, trash, Internet. Also, we want to put in a pool & fence the entire property. We would appreciate any input or advice you all might have.

Last edited by Tiffyblu; 06-05-2016 at 06:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2016, 06:08 PM

447 posts, read 487,647 times
You will not have any issues to fence the entire property and you can put the pool in, too. You have restrictions in the HOA, but not that bad like other communities. Right next to BL is new HEB, new Walmart and little down the road(Rayford) Kroger. They building new Panera, there's some take out, Pizzeria and Chinese. Down the Rayford you have some more options. TW is not far for some better restaurants and mall and general shopping. Personally, I like BLE, but my husband prefers TW, otherwise we would end up in BLE.

Old 06-05-2016, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohunak View Post
You will not have any issues to fence the entire property and you can put the pool in, too. You have restrictions in the HOA, but not that bad like other communities. Right next to BL is new HEB, new Walmart and little down the road(Rayford) Kroger. They building new Panera, there's some take out, Pizzeria and Chinese. Down the Rayford you have some more options. TW is not far for some better restaurants and mall and general shopping. Personally, I like BLE, but my husband prefers TW, otherwise we would end up in BLE.
Thank you for your input. Is there anything in OldTownSpring that you can recommend?

Last edited by Tiffyblu; 06-05-2016 at 06:36 PM..

Old 06-05-2016, 06:43 PM

Old Town Spring is nice area. It's small, 2-3 streets of small stores selling mostly antiques and jewelry, there's very nice toy store, couple of café, bars and souvenirs. I remember also bridal store there. Very nice, small area. I like it very much. Usually I go there thru week, weekends are packed there.

Old 06-05-2016, 06:47 PM

I can't recommend anything specific in Old Town Spring, I'm not really shopping girl:-)) Actually, I hate shopping, but I go there for the atmosphere.

Old 12-27-2016, 09:03 PM

Update: Fence is done. Pool and spa in. Danced around with the HOA. We love the seclusion but trash pick up once a week and heavy trash day once a month? I don't know about anybody else but that's a negative for us. The water bill is much more agreeable then the City of Houston. A lot of people have 'lifted" golf carts (that's pretty cool I want one). We hired a lawn service for the first few months $50/wk for over an acre (thought that was pretty reasonable), then they became pretty sloppy so now we're doing it and purchased a zero turn mower. So yeah there's that. Never had a septic system before, really nothing to it. All in all, it's absolutely beautiful, gorgeous, you can see stars for miles, serene, quiet, easy commute to downtown. I think we found this place just in time.

P.S. We are looking into a lifted golf cart. Please advise ��

Old 12-28-2016, 10:22 AM

Congratulation:-) Great, you found your home.

$50 for over an acre is really cheap. Sorry, can't advise on golf carts.:-)

Old 12-29-2016, 12:31 PM

4,900 posts, read 13,731,452 times
Trash pickup in Houston is once a week. How much trash do you generate with no kids? Usually you can pay a by extra for a second can if needed.

Old 02-10-2018, 03:21 PM

1 posts, read 4,186 times
Default High Meadow Ranch vs Benders Landing Estates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffyblu View Post
Empty nesters here . We're moving soon, from a master-planned community not too far away, after looking many months for homes in places like the Magnolia area, High Meadow Ranch, Crown Oak, Grand Lake, etc. Finally decided to look at Benders Landing Estates and was impressed with the large lots and quality of homes that we saw. Plus it is much closer than these other places to downtown for work commute, especially since the grand parkway is now complete. We're not that familiar with the area, such as shopping, dining, cable, trash, Internet. Also, we want to put in a pool & fence the entire property. We would appreciate any input or advice you all might have.
Hello. Gosh I see your post is from 2016, hope you still get notifications. We are looking to purchase a home, we are looking in the same spots that it seems you were looking at the time you originally posted.

Curious... if you are and Benders Landing estates...what are HOA fees? Are there any other membership fees I should be aware of? Tax rate doesn’t look bad, but I thought taxes were higher there than in Magnolia(High Meadow Ranch). Just curious, do u recal what HOA was at HMR?

These small things make a big difference at this price point. Thx any info u have will be greatly appreciated

Old 09-05-2018, 09:23 PM

1 posts, read 3,713 times
My wife and I are empty nesters and we are considering BLE for our final purchase. The neighborhood has large lots, beautiful homes and low taxes. Although these areas are great, we noticed many lots and homes remain on the market for extended periods. Our concern is that the neighborhood does not have that feel of an area with million dollars homes.. it lacks gated sextion, enough street lights and roads that seem narrow and needs more attention..

Is there a community master plan in place to address some of thes items and protect our resell value of a potential purchase?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston