Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2018, 07:32 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,915,413 times

Advertisements

I was really just following the parameters set by the OP. There wasn't any mention to proximity to Sugar Land in the requirements. Creekside Ranch is just a few minutes away from the development/shopping on Spring Green and FM 1463.

Note the budget maxes out at $300k and OP is looking for homes built since 1998, min 2400 sq ft and 4 bedrooms.

Slim pickings in both New Territory and Greatwood - 3 results and 2 results, respectively, as of today meet those criteria. There really isn't viable housing stock in those neighborhoods in the price range and factors noted by OP. Maybe 10 years ago, but not today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2018, 08:27 PM

331 posts, read 487,310 times
Fair enough. I was not trying to argue with your or anyone else’s post. I did not check HAR to respond but that is interesting to know. I guess I would modify my criteria or try to scoop up one of the 5 houses in GW/NT that meet the criteria over being somewhere like kingdom heights for example. The latter is not a bad place by any stretch, just far more remote if you have a choice between the two. Although some people like remote. The flood stuff someone else mentioned is also true. No water in the houses but definitely cut off from access. Although if we’re being real you couldn’t get a lot of places during Harvey.

Old 10-09-2018, 10:47 PM

7,542 posts, read 11,574,791 times
A older home would be ok like the mid 80s. A few of the neighborhoods are kinda out in the middle of nowhere I want to be close shops not 15 miles away.

Old 10-10-2018, 02:06 AM

4,244 posts, read 8,761,226 times
Aliana did really well during Harvey, not sure if you can find a resale in your price range.

Old 10-10-2018, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftbend06 View Post
Fair enough. I was not trying to argue with your or anyone else’s post. I did not check HAR to respond but that is interesting to know. I guess I would modify my criteria or try to scoop up one of the 5 houses in GW/NT that meet the criteria over being somewhere like kingdom heights for example. The latter is not a bad place by any stretch, just far more remote if you have a choice between the two. Although some people like remote. The flood stuff someone else mentioned is also true. No water in the houses but definitely cut off from access. Although if we’re being real you couldn’t get a lot of places during Harvey.

Agreed on GW/NT, especially if OP is willing to take something older than 1998 and update to their liking.

Old 10-11-2018, 11:56 AM

6,202 posts, read 11,452,611 times
Honestly the best neighborhoods in The FBC are the North County (West of 99, and in East of 99, Cinco Ranch north of the bayou and west of Mason Road) and Central FBC centered on First Colony (Sugar Land and Missouri City). Richmond/Rosenberg are still complete dumps and the South County (Needville) is still distant and undeveloped.

I'm looking forward to the day when Fort Bend County resembles Orange County, California!

Old 10-11-2018, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
Richmond/Rosenberg are still complete dumps and the South County (Needville) is still distant and undeveloped.

I'm looking forward to the day when Fort Bend County resembles Orange County, California!

A.) You jest.

B.) You're trolling

C.) You jest so that people stop moving this way?

Old 10-11-2018, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
Honestly the best neighborhoods in The FBC are the North County (West of 99, and in East of 99, Cinco Ranch north of the bayou and west of Mason Road) and Central FBC centered on First Colony (Sugar Land and Missouri City). Richmond/Rosenberg are still complete dumps and the South County (Needville) is still distant and undeveloped.

I'll follow up my previous post with a more thought out post. If you were speaking in jest, disregard.

1. Richmond is a mix of MPCs (Pecan Grove, Pecan Lakes, Rivers Edge, River Park West), older developments on larger lots in Richmond proper, and acreage neighborhoods with properties worth north of $1M. I would hardly consider that a dump, compared to the literal dump next to Aliana and the Four Corners area. This opinion, however, is trash.

2. Old Rosenberg (36, 90-A corridors) is a mix of commercial/industrial, larger lot non-MPC pocket neighborhoods and non-foundation homes. I wouldn't call that a dump so much as a broad mix of socioeconomic areas. Also, still no literal dumps nearby.
New Rosenberg (along and adjacent to the 59 corridor) is a mix of starter and upward-mobility neighborhoods. These are not dumps. This opinion is also trash.

3. Not to be pedantic, but FC/Sugar Land/Missouri City is not at all central FBC. Those areas border the eastern edge of FBC. The geographic center of FBC is closer to SE Rosenberg; the county seat is in Richmond, also near central FBC.

Old 10-11-2018, 02:18 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,452,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NTexas2010 View Post

A.) You jest.

B.) You're trolling

C.) You jest so that people stop moving this way?
Seriously a DFW resident? Have you ever been to Fort Bend County? It's not one of the most popular places for out-of-towners to visit in Houston. Must be one of those postcard "Better Led by Red" supporters from the county GOP.

Clearly you have never needed to drive through economically depressed Richmond/Rosenberg city proper along run down houses and commercial areas on the main streets to serve for jury duty or to visit DPS to renew your drivers license.

Despite the message of the postcard, the pace of development is lackluster. It took a while for the FM 1463 area to be developed. The remote southern part of the county is still served by a dangerous 2-lane state highway. Yet all the development is all bedroom communities and few commercial areas for offices.

The master-planned areas in Katy and Sugar Land are very nice places to live but the pace of the sprawl has been anemic. It's time to kick it up a notch!

Old 10-11-2018, 02:30 PM

Lol no. FBC resident for the last 25 years. I grew up in Sugar Land in a neighborhood that was recommended to the OP. The userID reflects my alma mater.

Maybe you need to reconsider what constitutes a dump. I drive by Alief-Clodine on a regular basis - that area is rough. I work near Meadows Place - the commercial areas along Belfort and Wilcrest are rough. I drive by the aforementioned literal dump - that area is economically depressed.

Sure, Rosenberg is no Woodlands. But to write off the entirety of Richmond/Rosenberg as a dump is disingenuous and misguided.

Are you one of those "FBISD or bust" types?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston