Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2021, 07:33 AM

9,862 posts, read 6,574,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Scott View Post
Its just a convenience store, like 7 Eleven...not sure why everyone gets worked up over another convenience store in a city jam packed with convenience stores.

7 Eleven and Valero are fine with me and who does not love the Laredo Taco Company in many of these stores in H Town?
The 7 elevens in Houston are much better than the 2000 style Shell and Exxon gas stations. I’m glad they’re here. I’m glad QuikTrip is finally here too the more competition the better.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2021, 08:33 AM

1,952 posts, read 827,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
The 7 elevens in Houston are much better than the 2000 style Shell and Exxon gas stations. I’m glad they’re here. I’m glad QuikTrip is finally here too the more competition the better.

Yes! The new 7 Elevens in Houston are WAY better than 7 Elevens near my cousin's house in the Dallas area (Carrolton). Those were as ratty as any East Houston convenience store. The 7 Eleven in Deer Park is really nice.

Some of the newer Valeros are really nice and I hope Houston is slowly moving away from the ratty convenience stores with old stock on the shelves and scary coffee choices. LOL

Old 11-23-2021, 08:39 AM

9,862 posts, read 6,574,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Scott View Post

Some of the newer Valeros are really nice and I hope Houston is slowly moving away from the ratty convenience stores with old stock on the shelves and scary coffee choices. LOL
7 elevens in Houston are actually better than in most places. I think they did that to enter the market with a good image.

Those are now Circle K. They’re 7 elevens main competitor. The only other global c store brand

Old 11-23-2021, 11:51 AM

33,322 posts, read 12,505,496 times
Quote:
There’s 3 opening in 2022z

Old 11-23-2021, 11:54 AM

15,415 posts, read 7,472,574 times
Quote:
Keep in mind that the Shell and Exxon stations are not owned by Shell and Exxon. They both sold all of their stations years ago. All of the Shell and Exxon branded stations are owned by independent businesses that choose which brand to sell. I will say that the Exxon stations seem to have been nicely redone since Exxon sold them.

Old 11-23-2021, 12:57 PM

Quote:
7 elevens in Houston are actually better than in most places. I think they did that to enter the market with a good image.

Those are now Circle K. They’re 7 elevens main competitor. The only other global c store brand
I go to Circle K every day because of Sip and Save...$5.99 every 30 days for any 'cup beverage'. I have two memberships, and get an X-large ground on the spot by me cup of coffee on each each day (I get them together...I'm one of those people who doesn't care about the temperature of coffee), so I'm paying $12.96 every 30 days for what would cost $116.60 every 30 days without the memberships (that don't auto renew, unlike some models).

I've found the Circle Ks to be pretty clean....except when they've taken over a Valero...then ugh.

Old 02-03-2022, 08:59 AM

52,685 posts, read 47,940,162 times
Default New QT Houston Outposts

Alright, folks, since the question has not yet been fully answered here, I have spotted two locations where QuikTrip is going in to the Houston area. Plus, I was down there a few months ago.

One will be at I-45 at Wilson Road in Conroe. You'd have to exit at either Loop 336 or Texas 105 (depending on your travel direction) and go through the traffic signal either way, as Wilson Road has no nearby access ramps. It's on the east side of the freeway and will include space for 18-wheelers to get fueled up.

The other one that I know of will be in Cleveland off of current U.S. 59 (future I-69) at FM 2025. That one will be across the freeway from a Love's Travel Stop and is on the freeway's southeast quadrant. You won't find these two stores yet on QT's website.

Hopefully, that'll fix y'all up for now until some more stores come along.

Old 02-07-2022, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Alright, folks, since the question has not yet been fully answered here, I have spotted two locations where QuikTrip is going in to the Houston area. Plus, I was down there a few months ago.

One will be at I-45 at Wilson Road in Conroe. You'd have to exit at either Loop 336 or Texas 105 (depending on your travel direction) and go through the traffic signal either way, as Wilson Road has no nearby access ramps. It's on the east side of the freeway and will include space for 18-wheelers to get fueled up.

The other one that I know of will be in Cleveland off of current U.S. 59 (future I-69) at FM 2025. That one will be across the freeway from a Love's Travel Stop and is on the freeway's southeast quadrant. You won't find these two stores yet on QT's website.

Hopefully, that'll fix y'all up for now until some more stores come along.

It's already open.

I visited the tax office in downtown Conroe on January 28th to ask a property tax question. To short cut walking back to my car, I walked through a parking lot that has a small, funky two story office building. On the side of that building closest to my car, there was only one vehicle there at all. It was parked across two spaces. It was a nicely done SUV with darkly tinted windows. Originally, I didn't think anyone was in it, and I was checking it out. Then I noticed it had Texas Exempt plates. I thought that might be LEO related, so I walked away. That SUV was parked at the crest of the lot looking down on the next block of the side street. My car was the only one in that block. I decided to go straight and make one turn, trying to act like one does when a cop is driving behind you or when someone takes their driver's test. Doing this put me going north (on SH 75) rather than south, so I decided to look for a street to turn left on that I knew would go through to and over I-45 so that I could head south on i-45. I saw Wilson, and I knew that Wilson went through and over, so I turned left on Wilson. Right before the north feeder, I happened upon the new QT .

I'm a sucker for their slices of pepperoni pizza, and I'd already had my coffee for the day from my Circle K memberships, so I got a slice of pizza (yum) and a cup of coffee. The coffee at Circle K is much better (you grind your own beans for each cup). It's a pretty big store. I don't think I've been in a QT with that particular layout, but it seems well thought out.

Old 02-07-2022, 02:00 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,973,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I visited the tax office in downtown Conroe on January 28th to ask a property tax question. To short cut walking back to my car, I walked through a parking lot that has a small, funky two story office building. On the side of that building closest to my car, there was only one vehicle there at all. It was parked across two spaces. It was a nicely done SUV with darkly tinted windows. Originally, I didn't think anyone was in it, and I was checking it out. Then I noticed it had Texas Exempt plates. I thought that might be LEO related, so I walked away. That SUV was parked at the crest of the lot looking down on the next block of the side street. My car was the only one in that block. I decided to go straight and make one turn, trying to act like one does when a cop is driving behind you or when someone takes their driver's test. Doing this put me going north (on SH 75) rather than south, so I decided to look for a street to turn left on that I knew would go through to and over I-45 so that I could head south on i-45. I saw Wilson, and I knew that Wilson went through and over, so I turned left on Wilson. Right before the north feeder, I happened upon the new QT .

I'm a sucker for their slices of pepperoni pizza, and I'd already had my coffee for the day from my Circle K memberships, so I got a slice of pizza (yum) and a cup of coffee. The coffee at Circle K is much better (you grind your own beans for each cup). It's a pretty big store. I don't think I've been in a QT with that particular layout, but it seems well thought out.
I read this story thinking it was going to end up with you getting robbed or something not that you found the new Conroe QT lmao.

Old 06-12-2022, 07:25 PM

49 posts, read 43,830 times
The great thing about QT is how they train their cashiers to service two lines of customers at once. Love QT!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston