Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2021, 09:53 PM

2 posts, read 769 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am moving with my children to Houston for at least a year for cancer treatment at MD Anderson. Need to rent a reasonably priced apartment or house somewhere not too far from the hospital. I know nothing about Houston and I'm doing this site unseen. Can anyone suggest reasonable apartments or homes in a decent area somewhere not too far. We will not have a car and I will be using Uber to get back-and-forth. Would love to have three bedrooms but will settle for two. Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2021, 11:21 PM

1,736 posts, read 1,032,433 times
Have you reached out to MD Andersen about this? I’m pretty sure they offer this service to their patients. There is also the Ronald MacDonald house but I’m not sure if that is for stays up to a year.

Old 03-07-2021, 09:03 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,574,876 times
https://comfyhouston.com/md-anderson...ed-apartments/

Might look into this.

Also, maybe look at leasing a car for a year. That Uber stuff is going to get expensive, fast.

Old 03-07-2021, 06:02 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,665,251 times
No experience with housing, but I wish you the best. We are Houston area residents, and my husband was a cancer patient at the medical center. Reach out if you need anything.

Old 03-22-2021, 10:15 AM

2 posts, read 769 times
Thank you so very much.

Old 03-24-2021, 09:36 AM

914 posts, read 1,834,788 times
You will definitely need a car in Houston to take kids to school, run errands etc. Rapid transit here is pretty lacking. You might find a place on the bus line or a place that has a shuttle to the medical center/MDA. There are townhomes and condos not too far from MD Anderson on Brompton, Kirby, or Gramercy that might suit your needs as well as traditional apartment complexes. Avoid anything south of Braeswood. What approximate age are the children as school zones might be very important. There are some decent schools near MD Anderson and some you would want to avoid. Consider getting a real estate agent in Houston to help you with the leasing. I can PM you the name of my agent that has lots of familiarity with that area and the schools.

Old 03-24-2021, 08:32 PM

190 posts, read 212,202 times
I live within walking distance of MD Anderson. Would be happy to give suggestions, but I'd really need to know what your housing budget is (not the cheapest area). Also will your kids need to attend public schools, if so what grade?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: