Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2022, 09:54 PM

4,385 posts, read 4,629,417 times

Advertisements

Went to H-E-B this morning and everybody was extra friendly today flooded with their Astros gear. Hate I couldn't be downtown to celebrate but you can still feel that winning aura in the air. I missed it last time (was living in Atlanta at the time)but glad to be here this time around!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2022, 04:26 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,981,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJac View Post
I sure hope you are wrong. Crane should leave the past in the past. We are finally ridding the stink of the cheating scandal. Why bring back the skunk? I loved AJ but don’t want him back either. It aint broke! Don’t fix it!

Crane is a smart man. I think.
well Crane likes to take risks which is a reason why he really likes Luhnow who is still repping the Astros anytime he can. hell even Luhnow's wife is still repping the Astros. This team that just won is still 99% Luhnow players. Click has done a good job maintaining what Luhnow created and did a good job bringing in Montero and Neris to shore up the BP.

As far as the cheating scandal goes, if the Astros wanted to get rid of all the "stink" then they should have gotten ridden of all the players who participated but they didnt do that. The stink wears off with each championship and it is not like Luhnow was the mastermind behind what they players were doing in the dugout.

Ya I agree on AJ not needing to come back but AJ wasnt a prodigy at game managing like Luhnow is at general managing. the last thing the Astros would want to see is the Yankees, Dodgers, or Red Sox decide to try signing Luhnow. Imagine those teams doing what the Astros have done with their deep pocket books. besides is the stink gone from these other teams that cheated, including the red sox who literally hired everyone back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
I agree. A big no thanks to either of them.
Why? who do you have in mind?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
Went to H-E-B this morning and everybody was extra friendly today flooded with their Astros gear. Hate I couldn't be downtown to celebrate but you can still feel that winning aura in the air. I missed it last time (was living in Atlanta at the time)but glad to be here this time around!
It's a great vibe in the city. Back in 2017 everyone was smiling and I have never seen so many Astros pennants on cars. I think this 2022 championship is gonna cause an avalanche of championships for the Astros so youll be able to party in downtown on a WS win pretty soon.

Old 11-07-2022, 07:49 AM

6,292 posts, read 7,507,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
well Crane likes to take risks which is a reason why he really likes Luhnow who is still repping the Astros anytime he can. hell even Luhnow's wife is still repping the Astros. This team that just won is still 99% Luhnow players. Click has done a good job maintaining what Luhnow created and did a good job bringing in Montero and Neris to shore up the BP.

As far as the cheating scandal goes, if the Astros wanted to get rid of all the "stink" then they should have gotten ridden of all the players who participated but they didnt do that. The stink wears off with each championship and it is not like Luhnow was the mastermind behind what they players were doing in the dugout.

Ya I agree on AJ not needing to come back but AJ wasnt a prodigy at game managing like Luhnow is at general managing. the last thing the Astros would want to see is the Yankees, Dodgers, or Red Sox decide to try signing Luhnow. Imagine those teams doing what the Astros have done with their deep pocket books. besides is the stink gone from these other teams that cheated, including the red sox who literally hired everyone back?

bringing back Luhnow is an intriguing idea I must admit. He was the genius behind the thrown and I think to a certain extent the Astros have worn the black hat well and may not wish to totally abandon the past. I don't see AJ being picked over Baker so unless there is another role AJ is able and willing to play in the back office, I don't see Hinch being resurrected in Houston.

Does anybody remember when the Cardinals were caught red handed hacking the Astros player development account? They were fined then everything was forgotten pretty quickly. Luhnow, and the Astros were the victims then but that was forgotten quickly. No villain role for the Cards

Old 11-07-2022, 08:11 AM

9,905 posts, read 6,617,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post

Does anybody remember when the Cardinals were caught red handed hacking the Astros player development account? They were fined then everything was forgotten pretty quickly. Luhnow, and the Astros were the victims then but that was forgotten quickly. No villain role for the Cards
Because it wasn’t against the Yankees

Old 11-07-2022, 09:11 AM

1,733 posts, read 1,030,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post

It's a great vibe in the city. Back in 2017 everyone was smiling and I have never seen so many Astros pennants on cars. I think this 2022 championship is gonna cause an avalanche of championships for the Astros so youll be able to party in downtown on a WS win pretty soon.
The word is that Click and Dusty don’t see eye to eye. I don’t see Luhnow hiring a guy like Dusty either.

The fact is, neither Click, nor Dusty deserves to be canned after the last three seasons. I’m happy Dusty got his WS and now he should retire, but the players seem to love playing for him and I will forever be grateful to him for coming in after the scandal. He truly was the perfect hire.

Crane said he would announce this week. We’ll know soon enough.

Old 11-08-2022, 08:29 AM

Houston #Astros owner Jim Crane spoke with manager Dusty Baker and GM James Click on Monday and plans to formally extend each of them a contract for the 2023 season in quest for back-to-back World Series titles.

Old 11-08-2022, 09:16 AM

9,905 posts, read 6,617,073 times
Quote:
Houston #Astros owner Jim Crane spoke with manager Dusty Baker and GM James Click on Monday and plans to formally extend each of them a contract for the 2023 season in quest for back-to-back World Series titles.
Good

Old 11-08-2022, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
Good
Yes, I wonder if Crane manages his business this way. I much prefer meritocracy to “good ‘ol boy” dealings, even if it means a series of 1-year contracts.

The University of Houston should take note! Chris Pezman very STUPIDLY extended the contracts of his football coach Dana Holgersen and Defensive Coordinator Doug Belk, and now the University can’t get rid of them without paying a huge buy-out to the tune of +$12M.

Crane would never be so dumb. He recently said he wants the Houston Open Golf tournament to be the best on the PGA tour in terms of Charitable giving (Phoenix Open gives the most). Does anyone doubt he will make it happen?

Old 11-11-2022, 10:47 AM

It's official. James Click is not returning for 2023.

Wow! What an owner...

Old 11-11-2022, 11:03 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,981,215 times
Quote:
It's official. James Click is not returning for 2023.

Wow! What an owner...
not surprised. Crane was making a lot of the decisions anyway. they're gonna go Stearns or (pipedream) Luhnow. too bad Oz just got promoted in Miami because would like to have him back as full time GM. one thing is for sure, Crane is a good owner and has earned leeway with decisions like this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: