Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 09:20 AM

64 posts, read 347,468 times

Advertisements

Hi all,
My family and I are making a move from Chicago to Houston. My 10-year-old daughter has been involved in theater on and off for fun for for 2 or 3 years now and is now interested in doing some modeling. I know it is crazy to leave a place like Chicago to begin a modeling career, but I really have no interest in having her heavily involved anyway. We are not trying to make a living off her modeling, we would just like to give her a chance to try it out for a while. I thought that we would try to find an agency when we move, and work with the resources that are available in Houston.
Does anyone know the names of some reputable modeling agencies for children there? All of your help will be appreciated, but help from a parent with a child who is actively involved would be great!
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 04:52 PM

421 posts, read 1,727,171 times
I was wondering the exact same thing.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:04 PM

404 posts, read 1,245,420 times
My niece was about 12 when she decided she *was born* to model. I recall she was represented by Page Parkes and later Neal Hamil. She got quite a lot of work here in Houston and at 17 took off to Belgium and spent about 6 years on the Europe/Asia circuit.

If she's really determined, here's a couple of links you might want to check out:

Page Parkes Talent Agency

Neal Hamil Modeling Agency

Old 09-04-2008, 07:55 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,498,768 times
Page Parkes. I got bookings for years through her.

Old 09-05-2008, 08:32 AM

64 posts, read 347,468 times
Thank you SO MUCH, I was starting to think no one could help me with this.

Old 11-25-2008, 02:30 PM

2 posts, read 77,069 times
So can you tell me about your experience with Page Parkes? My daughter was just scouted by them but they said we needed to go to a modeling camp that costs 1600 dollars because she was'nt client ready . Is that normal ?

Old 11-25-2008, 02:43 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,498,768 times
hmmm. Well keep in mind this was over 17+/- years ago for me. I paid for the first round of headshots, they paid for them after I started booking if I needed new ones for my book. I never paid for a "camp," but maybe they didn't have that. They did however have walking instruction, but it was free.
Does she have poor posture or have poor interaction skills with adults? Just asking. That's what's usually said when those things apply.

Old 11-25-2008, 03:26 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,409,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitamarielane View Post
So can you tell me about your experience with Page Parkes? My daughter was just scouted by them but they said we needed to go to a modeling camp that costs 1600 dollars because she was'nt client ready . Is that normal ?

Yes--that's normal--for most modeling agencies that have "schools" attached to them.

Rip-off Report: Page Parks Corporation Scam: Modeling Agencies with Associated Schools; They'll tell you anything to get you in! Houston Texas

Is Page Parkes Center of Modeling and acting a scam? - Yahoo! Answers

However, they are a member in good standing, apparently, of the BBB:

Greater Houston and South Texas: Check Out a Business or Charity

Good luck whatever you decide.

Old 11-25-2008, 03:27 PM

421 posts, read 1,727,171 times
My son filmed filmed a commercial and went on other auditions, but we never had to pay any fees or attend costly academies. I contacted the agency that we used in Atlanta, and her suggestion was to find an Agent is Dallas and drive if we truly wanted to pursue a modeling/talent career for my son.

Page Parkes and Neal Hamil remind me of Barbizon.

Modeling Scams, Rip Offs and Bad Business

If You've Got The Look, Look Out! Avoiding Modeling Scams

Scams, Fakes and Warnings

Old 12-05-2008, 09:35 AM

2 posts, read 77,069 times
Does anyone have any advice on Page Parkes or how to get into modeling without having to spend a lot of money . My daughter has been to Pro Scout and now Page Parkes wants her to go to their Modeling/Acting camp .. HELP !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston