Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2009, 07:26 PM

490 posts, read 1,433,716 times

Advertisements

This looks like a really nice subdivision....Can anyone fill me on anything good/bad...pro/con...

Thanks
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2009, 08:12 PM

1,227 posts, read 3,011,331 times
Isn't that where Beyonce, and Warren Moon's families reside?

Old 01-21-2009, 07:07 AM

2,639 posts, read 8,285,669 times
Drive thru it on the weekends and it looks deserted. I showed a few homes in there on 4th of July weekend and the clients said it was eerie how not one person was on the lake, riding on the trails or at the pool.
Other than the that I think there are good deals to be had there.
Also, I dont think it is zoned to the best schools if that is an issue.

Old 01-21-2009, 07:33 AM

490 posts, read 1,433,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westres1 View Post
Drive thru it on the weekends and it looks deserted. I showed a few homes in there on 4th of July weekend and the clients said it was eerie how not one person was on the lake, riding on the trails or at the pool.
Other than the that I think there are good deals to be had there.
Also, I dont think it is zoned to the best schools if that is an issue.
That does not sound good...

Old 01-21-2009, 07:35 AM

103 posts, read 437,930 times
It's very nice in there. However, if you're raising a family, Sienna, down the road, is the way to go.

Old 01-21-2009, 08:48 AM

1,192 posts, read 3,481,951 times
I don't live there but I love the little waterways that snake through the subdivision and the swamp behind it. I sneak my kayak into the water and nose around. Watch out for alligators, though. It's full of them. Really nice, well kept houses and , yes, I know where Warren Moon's house is (one of the biggest). Don't know about Beyonce but I wouldn't be surprised. Nice mix of brand new to 20 year old or so. Because it's been there awhile nicely wooded with mature trees. Some appear to be left over from before the subdivision was started. Better accessibility recently with the Ft Bend Tollroad being completed into the area.

Old 01-21-2009, 01:42 PM

1,806 posts, read 4,310,589 times
Better access to the Toll Road Schools off Lake O Pkwy; kids are zoned to Hightower High School Lake O Middle School and 2 or 3 elementary schools which are TEA recoginzed. www.fortbend.k12.tx.us

Old 01-22-2009, 11:20 AM

587 posts, read 1,134,548 times
Warren Moon and Beyonce parents, Matthew and Tina Knowles, have both sold their homes in Lake Olympia's Swan Island and moved on....Moon is now living full time in Seattle, though I heard he has a condo here in Houston somewhere....Beyonce moved to New York to marry Shawn Carter, aka, Jay Z, and her parents live in Sweetwater in a 10,000 sq ft home worth over $1 million dollars, in the same neighborhood with Tracy McGrady, Shaq(one of his many homes), Hakeem Olajuwon, and other athlethes, entertainers and rich people.

Lake Olympia is a good neighborhood, very quiet...not much activity in the neighborhood for kids and families, unless you are swimming, biking, hiking or on the lakes....I agree Sienna, with their waterpark and golf course, is probably a more desired location, and a lot of people have moved from Lake Olympia to Sienna, but, you can buy in the Lake for far less for a comparable house in Sienna, and have the same shopping options on hwy 6 if you can get over not having the largest waterpark in the south!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: