Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 05:03 PM

1 posts, read 3,169 times

Advertisements

Having lived in Cinco for 6 years and recently moved out to CCR, I can tell you the main differences. CCR is 10 minutes farther from everything, yet it has a resort feel to it. Cinco pools and amenities are always overcrowded. We got tired of fighting the crowds every time we went to one of the pools. CCR has a unique personality to it, whereas Cinco has a homogenized feel that is common among big master-planned communities. Now, maybe CCR might feel that way in 10 years or so as well, but for now it is far more refreshing of an option. I've talked to many different people in the area-- builders, realtors, investment people, and the feedback has always been positive about CCR and Fulshear in general--most saying it will pay off well in the short term. At least, I'm hoping!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2010, 02:02 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,451,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JManser View Post
Having lived in Cinco for 6 years and recently moved out to CCR, I can tell you the main differences. CCR is 10 minutes farther from everything, yet it has a resort feel to it. Cinco pools and amenities are always overcrowded. We got tired of fighting the crowds every time we went to one of the pools. CCR has a unique personality to it, whereas Cinco has a homogenized feel that is common among big master-planned communities. Now, maybe CCR might feel that way in 10 years or so as well, but for now it is far more refreshing of an option. I've talked to many different people in the area-- builders, realtors, investment people, and the feedback has always been positive about CCR and Fulshear in general--most saying it will pay off well in the short term. At least, I'm hoping!
Did you live in Cinco East? I'd like to come home from Houston 10 minutes sooner rather than 10 minutes later. A friend of mine living in CCR complains that she comes home from Houston 10 minutes later than me.

Hopefully Fulshear doesn't have anymore political troubles like Weston Lakes incorporation last year. The only thing I don't like about CCR is it's divided in the middle by 2 school districts. One side might develop while the other side might be less populated due to perceptions of "quality".

Old 01-24-2010, 04:17 PM

967 posts, read 2,610,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
Did you live in Cinco East? I'd like to come home from Houston 10 minutes sooner rather than 10 minutes later. A friend of mine living in CCR complains that she comes home from Houston 10 minutes later than me.

Hopefully Fulshear doesn't have anymore political troubles like Weston Lakes incorporation last year. The only thing I don't like about CCR is it's divided in the middle by 2 school districts. One side might develop while the other side might be less populated due to perceptions of "quality".
I don't think perceptions of quality will be much of a problem at CCR. The part that is building is using the usual (good quality tract builders, ie Trendmaker) is in Katy ISD territory. The part that is in Lamar Consolidated will be high end custom homes. Those folks, if worried about "perceptions of quality" will likely find themselves sending children to private schools anyways.

I've met someone else who has moved from Cinco to CCR, I find it very fascinating. CCR is lovely... it is also very far. For example, I feel pretty far out living near Fry & Spring Green... especially when I run out of an ingrediant for dinner... Thankfully, I have "cup-o-sugar" kind of neighbor. We have both helped each other out of a jam, when the grocery seems so far away.

Sometimes my house seems very far from everything. We enjoy the walk/bike trails of Cinco SW, but I would probably walk/bike more if I had *something* to walk/bike to... not just around a pretty lake. That feels too much like excercise! lol!

Old 02-07-2010, 09:55 AM

129 posts, read 460,801 times
We are very close to signing for a new build in cross creek w/ trendmaker. We have seen the prices that the specs actually sold for and they are drastically discounted. Has anyone built with trendmaker here? Wondering how much they will discount when you build with them? And what was the experience like? Whats not included in the base price that needed added later at the design center?

Old 07-14-2010, 04:17 AM

8 posts, read 27,550 times
I actually live in Cross Creek Ranch, bought the first lot and been there about 1-1/2 years. We moved there because the southwest side of Cinco Ranch (new building areas) have traffic issues, hard to get out to shop areas especially around rush hour traffic and schools letting out. At the time I worked in the west side of Houston, and actually it was closer (time) to drive from CCR than the Cinco Ranch area that we were considering. Hwy-99 is a mess at rush hour.

The shopping areas (groceries) is the Wal-Mart down at Hwy-99 which is less than 5-minutes away, but you can not walk. That area is opening new stores as we speak. In the new areas of Cinco, there is no local walking distance stores.

CCR amendities as you know are the welcome center, pool and hill, small cafe which is great for lunch, the exercise center, children play areas and the miles of walking paths. CCR is opening the next section which includes the sports center, but at the moment only the tennis courts will be open.

CCR is the up and coming new area as the Cinco area is building out over the next few years.

Old 07-19-2010, 04:00 PM

160 posts, read 399,631 times
Randy58,

I agree, Cross Creek Ranch is growing up nicely and soon will be one of the most desirable MPCs in the greater Houston area. FM 1463 is a great alternative route to I-10 rather than Grand Parkway during rush hours. I especially like that they have gone with a more native landscape, not the same cookie cutter MPC design that all the others have done.

Old 08-24-2015, 01:14 PM

675 posts, read 1,453,378 times
Cross Creek Commons, NW Corner of S. Fry Rd and FM 1463, coming soon: Aldi

http://www.newquest.com/wp-content/u..._Site_Plan.pdf

Right at the entrance of Cross Creek Ranch, a freaking Aldi. Wow.

Old 08-24-2015, 01:48 PM

833 posts, read 1,886,305 times
Aldi would be great to have close by. Save some money and the convenience of a nice small grocery store. Besides with Oil below $40 with so many Oil employees in the area got to start watching every penny so we can weather the storm until oil bounces back. Heck the housing market in the area for houses over 300k are already starting to sit on the market for a little bit before selling.

Old 08-24-2015, 06:31 PM

61 posts, read 80,988 times
Aldi? It will go out of business with the Central Market down the street and also because, well, it's Aldi. That's a n embrassement for such a nice neighborhood.

Old 08-24-2015, 07:41 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,760,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDqTX View Post
Aldi? It will go out of business with the Central Market down the street and also because, well, it's Aldi. That's a n embrassement for such a nice neighborhood.
That's PRIDE talking lol, your neighbors will be shopping there before you know it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston