Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 07:52 AM

1,765 posts, read 4,347,711 times

Advertisements

Truly I don't spend all my time eating as my thread queries might suggest ... and I really haven't eaten out much here yet other than very casual places.

Old friends are supposed to take me out for lunch Saturday...they will have already driven an hour+ and I'm pretty sure will say "you pick someplace!" It doesn't have to be "white table cloth" fancy but it should be an inviting place with good food. So I'm thinking stay in the Sugar Land environs... they like Italian, French, Mexican...almost anything.

I've been to Los Gallitos, (sp?) Black Walnut Cafe, Pico de Gallo...also ate outside at the corner place right as you drive into City Walk ...but that's about it. Black Walnut had a decent decor but I don't think they want to stand in line and order first...it should be a waiter service place. The wife once took me to a high-ceiling, very pretty restaurant in the Woodlands and that's what I'm trying to replicate in a way. No Cheesecake Factory...(not for this lunch anyway.)

Is Kona Grill nice? Anything else in First Colony Mall area? I think someone mentioned Cafe Adobe but I haven't been. I feel a certain pressure to recommend something that will be good, and it makes me uncomfortable if it's my first time somewhere too. I know there's always a first time, of course, but if the restaurant was highly recommended that's what I can say.

THANKS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2009, 08:05 AM

152 posts, read 537,254 times
I almost recommended Cheesecake factory...

how about Perry's Steakhouse? Or Papadeux (a short drive away in Stafford)?

Old 02-20-2009, 08:33 AM

404 posts, read 1,244,908 times
One of my favorite places - Adobe Cafe outdoor patio right on the water with lots of ducks, turtles and those beaver-looking things. (Weather permitting as the inside dining area is only average, IMO.)

Love their chicken quesadillas and margaritas...everyone we've taken has always really enjoyed although no high ceilings, only blue skies.

Old 02-20-2009, 09:14 AM

5 posts, read 25,347 times
I like BJ Brewery on Hwy 6.

Old 02-20-2009, 10:30 AM

5,429 posts, read 14,838,516 times
Might try Amici. Good Italian. It's in town center across from the city hall.

Old 02-20-2009, 12:05 PM

Keep 'em coming....

Unfortunately, both Perry's Steakhouse and Carrabba's do not offer LUNCH on Saturdays...

Old 02-20-2009, 05:54 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,823,758 times
Post Oak Grill in Sugar Land

Old 02-20-2009, 07:21 PM

109 posts, read 581,299 times
All of these recommendations are really good. BJ's Brewery is one of my favorite hangouts (especially when there's a game on), Amici has really good Italian food (it is owned by a member of the famed Vallone family of restaurateurs), Post Oak Grill has great lunches, and Cafe Adobe has a great setting.

Another restaurant that you might want to look into is P.F. Chang's. It is in the Town Square area as well. I think it might have the nice ambiance (high ceilings) that you are looking for. I don't know if I've been there for lunch on a Saturday, so you might want to check first.

Last edited by VickiMBA; 02-20-2009 at 07:32 PM..

Old 02-21-2009, 07:31 PM

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

Topaz "wins"... we went to Post Oak Grill and had a wonderful lunch. It's a very white tablecloth place, good service, great food. It was quiet (few diners, admittedly, but the place is carpeted) and we were able to talk...that's the ambience I was looking for. That's what I meant by "not Cheesecake Factory" ...that's too loud and boisterous for this kind of get-together, IMO.
I will certainly try all the other restaurants too at my next opportunity - so thanks again!

Old 02-23-2009, 09:30 AM

734 posts, read 1,080,299 times
Post Oak Grill is in a strip mall!??!

wow it looks really nice inside but outside its looks so bleh! But I guess that is not uncommon.

Are there any other non-chain restaurants in SugarLand people could point me to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston