Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 05:31 PM

9 posts, read 25,786 times

Advertisements

any info that anyone has about the east side of 45 in conroe would be greatly appreciated . crime? willis isd good/bad? were buying a house in summer wood off hwy 75. zip code 77303. i'm getting really nervous about moving so far away from home not knowing anything about conroe. thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2008, 08:16 PM

637 posts, read 3,241,091 times
Where are you moving from; have you seen/driven the area yet?

Old 11-02-2008, 08:53 PM

19 posts, read 90,502 times
Conroe in general is a great town, with a booming economy.Of course,there are some areas to be avoided as any town of over 50 thousand residents has. But I think you can't go wrong by buying there. Also Willis Isd is a good and improving school district, but much more rural than Conroe Isd.

Old 11-03-2008, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Conroe resident View Post
Where are you moving from; have you seen/driven the area yet?
yes we have been there and seen the area alittle. my mother in law lives in willis. i have seen more of willis then conroe.

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 11-08-2008 at 08:50 PM..

Old 11-03-2008, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtexusa View Post
Conroe in general is a great town, with a booming economy.Of course,there are some areas to be avoided as any town of over 50 thousand residents has. But I think you can't go wrong by buying there. Also Willis Isd is a good and improving school district, but much more rural than Conroe Isd.
where are the parts part we should avoid streets/areas? how is the crime where were moving? i have heard good things about the school nothing bad yet...thanks

Old 11-03-2008, 10:45 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,728,973 times
Without naming specific areas a good rule of thumb is any part of Conroe west of I-45 is nice. Any part of Conroe east of I-45 is not nice.

The east side is old and much of it quite dumpy. You also have a whole lot of government buildings including the Welfare Dept which should provide something to think about.

The west side is much newer and nicer and has several planned communities, all with strict communist rule. But many like that. All the rules do make for beautiful communities but at the expense of our freedoms. Other extra nice communities come to mind are April Sound and Walden. If your not used to being told how to live your life then I advise you to take a real close look at that issue before you commit.

A nicer place without having to abide by a 3000 page book of rules is Cape Conroe which is real nice.

Maybe if you rent something for a half or full year in Conroe that would give you a chance to not only see it but live it before you choose what you like best.

Willis is real nice if you want to go north a bit and escape the crowd. If your wealty you might like Bentwater but they have a thick book of rule too. It sure is beautiful though.

Good luck...............

Old 11-04-2008, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Without naming specific areas a good rule of thumb is any part of Conroe west of I-45 is nice. Any part of Conroe east of I-45 is not nice.

The east side is old and much of it quite dumpy. You also have a whole lot of government buildings including the Welfare Dept which should provide something to think about.

The west side is much newer and nicer and has several planned communities, all with strict communist rule. But many like that. All the rules do make for beautiful communities but at the expense of our freedoms. Other extra nice communities come to mind are April Sound and Walden. If your not used to being told how to live your life then I advise you to take a real close look at that issue before you commit.

A nicer place without having to abide by a 3000 page book of rules is Cape Conroe which is real nice.

Maybe if you rent something for a half or full year in Conroe that would give you a chance to not only see it but live it before you choose what you like best.

Willis is real nice if you want to go north a bit and escape the crowd. If your wealty you might like Bentwater but they have a thick book of rule too. It sure is beautiful though.

Good luck...............

thank you so much for the comment. the house that were buying is up 75 almost to willis we border conroe/willis. its down the road from willis high school..i think? there really isn't much around i haven't been south on 75 past the subdivision but have been north to willis. dosen't seem 2 be run down to me except for a few gas station that look kinda run down. i have never been to the woodlands except for the mall. we are comfortable but not rich. i'm not looking for a master planned division with pools or anything. i grew up in one years ago and i hated it so did my parents. i said never again. lol...just something basic/safe/nice people. my only concern is my familys safety and my sons education. thanks agin

Old 11-04-2008, 10:45 AM

870 posts, read 1,629,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post

Good luck...............

cape conroe is getting trashy because there are no rules like you speak of. property values are not going up in there like they are in walden and april sound.

Old 11-04-2008, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabear05 View Post
thank you so much for the comment. the house that were buying is up 75 almost to willis we border conroe/willis. its down the road from willis high school..i think? there really isn't much around i haven't been south on 75 past the subdivision but have been north to willis. dosen't seem 2 be run down to me except for a few gas station that look kinda run down. i have never been to the woodlands except for the mall. we are comfortable but not rich. i'm not looking for a master planned division with pools or anything. i grew up in one years ago and i hated it so did my parents. i said never again. lol...just something basic/safe/nice people. my only concern is my familys safety and my sons education. thanks agin
I been up and down 75 in the area you speak of and dont remember any subdivisions even near there. That dont mean there are none. There is a nice little down town there. Some boarded up and some nice stores.

Good luck to you.

Old 11-04-2008, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker_one View Post
cape conroe is getting trashy because there are no rules like you speak of. property values are not going up in there like they are in walden and april sound.
I was told Cape Conroe had just a very basic set of rules more geared to the exterior appearance but not much else simular to the HOA/POAs of other places. Im sure there is more to it but since Im just repeating what I was told we cant be sure.

I can only say that I like it in there. I saw nothing trashy at all other then IKE damage. The lake front homes are a little jambed close together though.

I dont know about property values not going up in there but since you said it I will check into it. Im curious now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston