Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 08:06 PM

28 posts, read 68,990 times

Advertisements

I really like what is happening to the Woodlands. I have watched it grow from a place where you had to drive down toward 2920 to go to a Krogers and $1.00 theaters to an economic and cultural powerhouse in the last 25 years. I am very proud of this area and kudos to the Woodlands for making this area a wonderful place to raise your kids and a place with all the shopping centers, beauty, ect. that brings people from other areas to visit here.

Last edited by houstoner; 05-05-2009 at 09:38 PM.. Reason: Thread moved from Texas forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2009, 08:18 PM

1,607 posts, read 3,416,477 times
It is a beautiful city. But for the very very wealthy.

Old 05-05-2009, 11:17 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,246,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabetx View Post
not really.....lol

Old 05-05-2009, 11:55 PM

2,931 posts, read 5,276,547 times
The Woodlands is a very nice area and i am proud that it is apart of the Houston metro area. Not very ethnically diverse but it definitely is becoming a tourist destination. Just look at all the trolleys and transportation services its now offering. It's starting to remind me a little of San Antonio's set up.

Old 05-06-2009, 12:19 AM

3,106 posts, read 9,129,727 times
I don't really see how it compares to San Antonio at all (I lived in SA for 8 yrs & know the Riverwalk well having worked a stone's throw from it) except for having a waterway. However, it is a good place to raise a family with all the amenities TW has to offer - convenient to good doctors, hospitals, grocery stores, pharmacies, parks, schools, etc...

I do agree that it is not very ethnically diverse but I don't agree that it's only for the very very wealthy. There are many neighborhoods within TW that have very reasonably-priced homes for sale or lease. If TW wasn't located so far from the areas we like to frequent, we'd have put it on our list of areas to consider on a more permanent basis.

Old 05-06-2009, 05:58 AM

9,273 posts, read 26,514,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabetx View Post
eh. It's a lot more affordable than the good areas in the city. All income levels are able to live there, not just wealthy.

Old 05-06-2009, 10:30 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,584,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C2H (ComingtoHouston) View Post
but it definitely is becoming a tourist destination.
Pardon for not having really been in The Woodlands much in the last few years, but other than seeing a show at Cynthia Woods, what would I go to TW for that I couldn't go to any other suburb/shopping center/mall for?

Old 05-06-2009, 10:42 AM

9,273 posts, read 26,514,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
Pardon for not having really been in The Woodlands much in the last few years, but other than seeing a show at Cynthia Woods, what would I go to TW for that I couldn't go to any other suburb/shopping center/mall for?
Except for the little boat that goes to no where, nothing.

Old 05-06-2009, 11:06 AM

3,106 posts, read 9,129,727 times
Quote:
Nothing that I can see. Market Street and the Mall are kind of just "meh" imho - it's no better than those in other 'burbs.

It's true that all the trees provide a different kind of interesting (& some would say beautiful) landscape compared to other suburbs, most notably those to the south/west. But as far as being a tourist destination, I'd be disappointed if I made TW a tourist stop while on vacation to TX.

Old 05-06-2009, 11:52 AM

2,931 posts, read 5,276,547 times
Quote:
Maybe its not a tourist destination yet but what i meant was that its starting to set it self up like a tourist area. With the proximity of Market Stret, Waterway, Movie Theatres, Mitchell Pavilion and The Woodlands Mall. It now has a trolley that connects all of that so people can get to these places quickly. I'm willing to bet that if its not a tourist destination now, its a strong possiblity it will be in the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston