Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 11:50 PM

2,271 posts, read 5,159,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMcCoySays View Post
Well I said not rats, but mice don't look the least bit threatening. I see a mouse and I think of Poppy.

But cockroaches move way too fast, fly directly at you, and can crawl into your ears. Mice only want cheese right?!

And what's a shame? lol
Roaches don't always fly. Mice are super fast and contrary to popular belief, they'll eat just about anything--not just trash.

The idea of you running at top speed from a cockroach. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2009, 11:56 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,842,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theSUBlime View Post
Roaches don't always fly. Mice are super fast and contrary to popular belief, they'll eat just about anything--not just trash.
I know all roaches don't fly, but it's been my luck that all of the one's I've dealt with did. And I'm sure mice ain't all good but they just don't bother me like roaches.

Quote:
The idea of you running at top speed from a cockroach. LOL
Naw I don't run. But when it goes behind the microwave, I'll hopelessly stare in that direction for like 15 min trying to contemplate what my next move will be. They would always seem to appear right before I'm about to go to sleep and there's no way I'm getting into bed knowing that thing is alive and free in my home.

Old 05-27-2009, 12:06 AM

91 posts, read 294,123 times
Please stop saying "mice" and "rats" in my presence. I'm jumping out of my skin.

Old 05-27-2009, 02:29 PM

61 posts, read 186,193 times
The day we moved in a guy was canvasing the neighborhood selling exterminator services. They charge $90 every other month, for indoor and outdoor spray. Is that a good deal??? We did not sign up, by I presently have around 30 bites on my legs and arms and I am ready to call someone.

Old 05-27-2009, 03:34 PM

8,376 posts, read 30,765,710 times
Hmm, Bellaire might have a rat or three. When I lived at an apartment near Reliant we had 2 trash rats that accidentally scurried into my place when I left the balcony door open. No rats in the burbs, but yes for the little field mice. At least this has been my experience.

Best to keep a rolled up newspaper handy for the flying roaches. I can tolerate june bugs flying in my face, ears etc, but there's something about those roaches crawling up the walls, dropping a visible turd and then flying near your face that gives me the willys.

Old 05-27-2009, 03:39 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,556,685 times
Look at the powerlines at dust. <shiver> Half the things running along them ain't no squirrel.

Old 05-28-2009, 07:58 AM

67 posts, read 267,471 times
When we first moved here we tried the do it yourself extermination, but it just didn't work. The flying roaches weren't the worst culprit, it was the spiders, they were every where. It got to the point where I was walking through spider webs every morning going to the garage and there were spiders in every window. We called Terminex, and although the spiders aren't gone, we've noticed a drastic reduction.

Old 05-28-2009, 08:18 AM

8,376 posts, read 30,765,710 times
Spiders, hmm- sounds like something you could take care of with a broom (indoors) and a water hose (outdoors). Spiders are beneficial like dragonflies, though.

All this addiction some folks have to poisons & this TruGreen ChemLawn around us concerns me for my daughter's, dogs' and sperms' sake.

Old 05-28-2009, 08:35 AM

439 posts, read 1,244,806 times
spiders are good luck. at least that what momma use to say. But Oh how I hate those roaches. I've been coming across them in my apartment lately. I use that powder stuff (boric acid i believe?). Got it from Walgreens. That usually helps a lot too. Just pour around various nooks and crannies. But be careful with all this if you have dogs and children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston