Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 03:52 PM

99 posts, read 367,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by behtypa View Post
Brazos Bend Elementary is in your neighborhood, right?
(621 Cunningham Creek Blvd, Sugar Land, TX‎ )
So for both areas, Elementary and Middle schools are close-by. However, a Highschool for West NT is all the way in the First Colony, 15 minutes and 2 highways away. :-(
I don't think any part of NT is zoned to Clements, which is the only HS in First Colony.

Travis HS is more or less in Long Meadow Farms, which is completely the opposite direction (but still about 15 minutes away).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2009, 07:22 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,828,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottonmather0 View Post
I don't think any part of NT is zoned to Clements, which is the only HS in First Colony.

Travis HS is more or less in Long Meadow Farms, which is completely the opposite direction (but still about 15 minutes away).
You are correct. NT high schoolers either go to Austin or Travis HS.

My family used to live on the Walker Station side of NT and now we live on the Brazos Bend side. Because we used to live on the Walker Station side, we heard all the snotty comments that Walker Station side residents say about the Brazos Bend side. Even though Brazos Bend is Exemplary, too, the Walker Station side is generally more "moneyed" and they view this side as inferior. This side does lack lakes, gated communities, the club house etc. (although both sides can use the club house). The price for the same model house drops $20K when you cross 99.

Personally, I'm saving money so that I can decide whether to move to Telfair once my children are at Sartartia. I'm hoping that Fort Bend ISD passes a bond to build a new high school there.

Old 08-13-2009, 08:37 PM

125 posts, read 312,348 times
Both sides have community pools and similar types of walking paths. The east side has several gated communities and a bigger selection of large homes, well over 3,000 sq. ft. and they have the lakes which are thought to be a higher end amenity and that is where the club is - although it is open for everyone in NT.... I agree with those that say both sides are nice. Many families in NT start with smaller, more affordable homes and trade up staying in NT so they may switch which side of 99 they are on over time.

Old 08-13-2009, 08:47 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,762,489 times
Quote:

I thought Long Meadow Farms was zoned to Lamar consolidated ISD?

Old 08-13-2009, 10:29 PM

1,305 posts, read 3,490,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused View Post
You have become enlightened and shall be spared. Perhaps you should be promoted to the brains, oh Kiddish one. yes?
I don't think I'm qualified for that position. I'd be in over my head! Zing!

For my next job, I'm going to become a writer for an Olsen twin Friday night tv sitcom.

Old 08-13-2009, 10:40 PM

99 posts, read 367,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usc619 View Post
I thought Long Meadow Farms was zoned to Lamar consolidated ISD?
It is, Foster HS, actually, but Travis HS is in the same general area as opposed to the poster saying that NT West was zoned to a "high school in First Colony" which is quite inaccurate.

But you're right, Long Meadow Farms itself is zoned to Lamar ISD.

Old 08-13-2009, 11:16 PM

191 posts, read 773,251 times
Quote:

Actually Travis High School is located on Harlem Road and the Grand Parkway. Travis is near Waterside Estates and across the Grand Parkway from Aliana. Long Meadow Farms is a little ways up the road from Travis.

Whether you chose the Eastern or Western side of New Territory, both are zoned to great schools including the High Schools. Austin and Travis HS are both rated "Recognized" by the state. Travis will be starting its 4th school year (they just had their first graduating class this June) and Austin is in its 15th school year. Next school year Travis will have a Biotechnology Academy and Austin will have a Visual Arts Academy.

As Topaz said, you tend to get a bit of a better deal purchasing a home on the West side of New Territory. The western side has parks including a brand new one that has vollyball,a playground, a pavillon and benches, plus on the western side there are 2 pools, tennis courts, a spray park, the Sports Complex (which is home to a playground, baseball, softball and soccer fields, a pavillon, and a concession stand (open while sports are being played)).

The Eastern side has some man-made lakes, 2 pools, recreation center, tennis courts, parks, and shopping.

Old 08-14-2009, 07:38 AM

279 posts, read 724,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
Because we used to live on the Walker Station side, we heard all the snotty comments that Walker Station side residents say about the Brazos Bend side.
Man, the two sides are different, but they aren't THAT different. Oh well. Looking forward to having you as a neighbor, if you you are on the "inferior" side.

Old 08-14-2009, 05:41 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,828,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slnt View Post
As Topaz said, you tend to get a bit of a better deal purchasing a home on the West side of New Territory. The western side has parks including a brand new one that has vollyball,a playground, a pavillon and benches, plus on the western side there are 2 pools, tennis courts, a spray park, the Sports Complex (which is home to a playground, baseball, softball and soccer fields, a pavillon, and a concession stand (open while sports are being played)).
Plus the West side has an awesome splash park...my children LOVE going there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDeb View Post
Man, the two sides are different, but they aren't THAT different. Oh well. Looking forward to having you as a neighbor, if you you are on the "inferior" side.
Thanks! New Territory is a terrific place to live, on either side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston