Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2011, 03:15 PM

834 posts, read 2,684,209 times

Advertisements

I hope I can use this forum to pass this on (sorry if it's not appropriate). But I know we've had discussions in the past about the lack of appropriate biking/pedestrian ways for our area. I received this note and throught I pass it along for those of you interested:

TPC (Transportation Policy Council) Executive Committee has recommended no additional funding for Transit, Pedestrian, Bicycle, and Livable Centers. Additionally, they wish to cut $12.8 million already slated for new Pedestrian / Bicycle projects while at the same time adding $92.6 million for Automobile / Freight projects. If these recommendations are accepted the projects slated for the next 3 years will be delayed until 2015 and there will be NO new projects of this type!

There are 3 simple things you can do....
1. Sign the Petition - This is quick...EVERYONE should do this! Invest in Houston Tomorrow - Houston Tomorrow

2. Email the TPC Executive Committee ...let them know you are against shifting the money already allocated to bike, pedestrian and livable centers and moving it to more roadways.

James Patterson - Chairman
Fort Bend County Commissioner
commpct4@co.fort-bend.tx.us
Phone (281) 980-2235
Web site

Ed Emmett - 1st Vice Chair
Harris County Judge
judge.emmett@cjo.hctx.net
Phone (713) 755-4000
Web site

Norman Brown - 2nd Vice Chair
Liberty County Commissioner
commpct4@co.liberty.tx.us
Phone (936) 258-5202
Web site

Tom Reid - Secretary
Mayor - City of Pearland
council@ci.pearland.tx.us
Phone (281) 652-1654
Web site

3. Show up at the meeting this Friday!
The TPC meeting is Friday, February 25th at 9:30am at the Houston-Galveston Area Council (HGAC):
3555 Timmons
Houston, TX 77027
2nd Floor Conference Room A

The meeting is open to the public. Members of BikeHouston's Board of Directors / Advisors will be present to voice their concerns and to speak on behalf of all cyclists in the Houston metro area. They would like your support...if you can make the meeting, please let them know you can come filling out this form or emailing them at bikeinfo@bikehouston.org.
The TPC Executive Committee released their recommendation only a week before the meeting....we don't have much time to act....please help. Send this to your friends...post it on facebook, lets work together and get the word out!
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston