Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 04:05 PM

6 posts, read 17,028 times

Advertisements

LOL, my husband still needs some convincing.

And to be honest I felt in my gut Cinco was the right place, but thats when I was thinking it might cost me 50K more or so.

I don't know much about the high school, that is just what my realtor told me, that there will be a new high school for Firethorne, south of I10, apparently its an issue for some people. That is just way too far down the road for me. Although we do plan to spend many years in this house ....

Thanks for the replies, and if anyone has any other input, it is greatly appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2009, 05:18 PM
cla

898 posts, read 3,308,520 times
Is it really apples to apples? For example, when I purchased my home the same floor plan was more expensive in Cinco than in another MPC, but included in the price of the Cinco home was brick all sides, granite standard, upgraded tile standard, upgraded appliances standard,fireplace standard, rounded wall corners standard. light fixtures, ceiling fans, 2" white blinds standard, etc. In the other MPC all of these items were an upgrade, not standard for the neighborhood. I still would have expected to pay a little more in Cinco, however. If it is apples to apples, then I would have a hard time justifying the $120k more. A house is a just a house after all and after a few years you may regret spending so much more for the same house. Especially since there probably isn't that drastic of a difference between the two communities.

Old 10-15-2009, 09:00 PM

1,288 posts, read 4,938,024 times
I agree with cla and descovy. I love Cinco, but 120K? No, I wouldn't spend that much more for Cinco. I would certainly see how much you can bargain them down in Cinco, and compare apples to apples. As for the HS, yeah Katy HS is great if you are a football fan. But if you're like me and want to give your kid the chance to get into an Ivy League college...well, only the best for me. I suspect the new HS will eventually be more highly rated than Katy HS, but it'll be hard to tell if it ranks up there with Seven Lakes and Cinco High for a long time. But there are lots of years till you need to worry about it.

Even I wouldn't spend 120K extra for Cinco. People who grow their wealth are smarter than that, I think.

Old 01-16-2010, 07:07 PM

129 posts, read 460,896 times
Default Where did you end up?

To the OP: Where did you end up building?

We just visited Firethorne today. May be an option for us. Also considering Cinco and Cross Creek.

Old 01-17-2010, 07:37 AM

6 posts, read 17,028 times
Well, we chose Cinco in the end. Cla was right, it was not apples to apples, and we just loved the location in Cinco. It was a gut feeling thing, there was something about firethorne that was not quite right for us. So, considering the better location (close to the lake), more private, and the extras, we negotiated and got them to come down in the price quite a bit.

We are building our dream home, and at least in paper it looks perfect.
We will break ground soon

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: