Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 09:51 PM

13 posts, read 19,862 times

Advertisements

Someone told me something about Texas User of being scandalous, sneaky and down right dirty. Who's Texas User?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2009, 08:43 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgirl4273 View Post
DST, I feel really bad about what happened to you. But this is not typical behavior for real estate agents in Houston. The majority of us aren't this way. Yes, there are a few bad apples in the bunch, though.

Hopefully, you were able to move on and find something to your liking.
And I am sure you are the type of agent everyone would love to have. As a X real estate agent, I agree, most are honest and work hard for their money. To me any agent that tries to push house over someone price choice is doing everyone, inlcuding himself(herself) a diservice. I learned as I am sure you will varify that staying within a buyers price range often results in an happy purchaser (or rentor) and referals as well as feeling good about yourself. whe we bought our present home our realtor never tried to show up anything more than a few $$s over what we were willing to pay: long story, short, we ended up paying almost $25000 more than we intended as what was in our original range was not what we really wanted.

OP, don't get discouraged, there are lots of great agents out there.

Shelbygirl, your comments about agents trying to sell what they have on the books, of course they do, but a good agent will show only what they think the buyer is looking for. As for not looking at a home where an appointment has been made, I would be one of those agents pissed with you. This is rude...You can go in, spend 5 minutes and leave, plus sometimes what is inside might change your mind.

Nita

Last edited by nmnita; 10-31-2009 at 08:53 AM..

Old 10-31-2009, 08:47 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Love View Post
Not all agents are the same. The agent should of known you had a time limit and needed to get something wrapped up quickly.

But to be honest, it is a little much to expect the agent to pre-negotiate terms on 18 homes so you can then pick. It's much because many listing agents don't want to waste time negotiating unless they have a signed contract. Plus 18 homes is too many to negotiate with at any given time, maybe 3 or 4.

In the end, it shouldn't of been a problem for your agent to get in contact with the listing agent.
that I totally agree with, plus as an X agent for many years, nogotiating prior to showing a piece of property isn't quite fair to anyone. If a property is listed for X $$S, rental or purchase, that is the price until an offer comes in. It is called the asking price...As a seller if my agent said something like " I know you are asking $175,000 for the house but what will you really take if I bring you an offer?" or the same thing as a landlord, I would say, either $175,000 or I might say, I don't know, depends on terms.

Nita

Old 10-31-2009, 05:16 PM

333 posts, read 1,021,964 times
I'm confused---are we talking about house rentals or actually buying??

Old 11-01-2009, 02:30 PM

26 posts, read 224,031 times
Talking about renting a house. I knew my top number was $2500, maybe $2600 if they included lawncare, so I sent my list over to him. There were 2 homes above $2600. I asked him to see if the agent thought the clients would reduce the price some since I signing a 2 year lease. He never did so. I spoke with one agent and she said her client would be willing. But apparently, my agent called her and told her I was desperate (it was my last day looking and it was my last resort) so she stuck to her price. She called as I was getting on the plane to say she would be willing to work with me, but by then I had secured an apartment and was overall just fed up with sheisty, greedy agents.

I don't think these agents realize, word of mouth is the best advertisement. Fool around if you want to and make your client mad, that will spread like wildfire. I am going to be working at one of the largest companies in Houston and I will be sure to let the relocation department know never to use those agents. He lost alot of business. I am renting now, but plan on securing investment property over the next two years (multiple sales lost) and buying a very large home in two years (large commission lost). His greed just cost him a good bit of business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: