Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 07:56 AM

809 posts, read 3,570,185 times

Advertisements

You might see about moving apartments within the same complex. I don't know if you are on the first floor, but maybe you'd feel safer in a second or third story apartment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2009, 08:25 AM

3,565 posts, read 4,867,431 times
What did your manager say?

Probably not gonan get out without paying a LOT of $$. Unless you're close friends with the manager.

Old 11-04-2009, 08:43 AM

739 posts, read 2,262,501 times
Someone broke into my house 2 years ago I got home and the window by my front door was broken. I went inside and saw someone run into the garage. I cornered him in the garage and just beat the sam hell out of him. The law in Texas says you can protect your property, house, life, and business with any force necessary including lethal force. I never had someone make me so mad before I knocked him out with 2 jabs to the left side of his head then i lifted him over my head and slammed him down on the concrete floor as hard as i could. I can see how you would be extremely mad I felt like I had been violated. I wanted to kill him but I couldn't because the neighbors had called the sheriff's deputy that lives across the street and he got there right after I slammed the goddamn theif on the floor. They had to take him off in an ambulance. I was mad for over a week. I was so mad I punched the front door and broke it and that 2x4 where the deadbolt is. He should have had to pay for the window and door and doorway I broke.

Old 11-04-2009, 09:00 AM

2,637 posts, read 4,464,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad.roper View Post
Someone broke into my house 2 years ago I got home and the window by my front door was broken. I went inside and saw someone run into the garage. I cornered him in the garage and just beat the sam hell out of him. The law in Texas says you can protect your property, house, life, and business with any force necessary including lethal force. I never had someone make me so mad before I knocked him out with 2 jabs to the left side of his head then i lifted him over my head and slammed him down on the concrete floor as hard as i could. I can see how you would be extremely mad I felt like I had been violated. I wanted to kill him but I couldn't because the neighbors had called the sheriff's deputy that lives across the street and he got there right after I slammed the goddamn theif on the floor. They had to take him off in an ambulance. I was mad for over a week. I was so mad I punched the front door and broke it and that 2x4 where the deadbolt is. He should have had to pay for the window and door and doorway I broke.
Maybe she should pass on buyin a dog, and just hire you.

Old 11-04-2009, 09:01 AM

3,565 posts, read 4,867,431 times
Quote:
Sorry, but nobody here takes you seriously anymore. According to you, you beat up half of Houston
You apparently don't get it. Time that someone presses charges, if they haven't, and let HPD take care of you.
You also wanna think about getting some counseling.

Last edited by XodoX; 11-04-2009 at 09:14 AM..

Old 11-04-2009, 09:44 AM

1,326 posts, read 3,452,172 times
Quote:
LOL, you are so full of it.

Old 11-04-2009, 11:20 AM

912 posts, read 2,557,411 times
Buy a handgun and shotgun, get trained on how to use them and keep them secure locked when you aren't in the house.

If anyone breaks in use the minimum amount of force according to how threatened you feel. A full clip of .45 hollowpoints should just about do it.

Old 11-04-2009, 11:28 AM

2,637 posts, read 4,464,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunn View Post
Buy a handgun and shotgun, get trained on how to use them and keep them secure locked when you aren't in the house.

If anyone breaks in use the minimum amount of force according to how threatened you feel. A full clip of .45 hollowpoints should just about do it.
then come home from work, to find your guns have been stolen.---It happened to me.

Old 11-04-2009, 11:46 AM

912 posts, read 2,557,411 times
They would have to be pretty dedicated to spend hours with a torch cutting through a properly mounted safe like the one I use. That's why I said 'secure locked'.
In any case given the fact that any sensible householder will have a monitored alarm I hope they do spend the time trying to break into the gun safe. That way the police can come and save me the ammunition.
I'd also advocate concealed carry that you should keep with you at all times. The law allows you to protect yourself so do it or be a victim.

Old 11-04-2009, 11:49 AM

443 posts, read 1,793,319 times
We've broken two leases in our past with apartments. There's normally something in the contract that will allow you to break the lease. It's normally highly expensive. Some places ask for 2 months rent and you have to keep paying the rent on the apartment until it's re- leased. We did the samething for the same reason about 5 years ago at an upscale apartment. But we were told that it was wired for a alarm system when they weren't. We were able to use that as leverage to break the lease. Good Luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston