Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 08:08 AM

3,565 posts, read 4,866,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
^^^^

Sounds like you should give them a membership to the local gym for their next birthday. It is a fact that fat people sweat much more easily than skinny people. You're not gonna smell awesome when you're soaked. Wasn't Houston the fattest city not too long ago?
No need to beat around the bush. We are all ( ? ) grown ups and know it.

Old 03-02-2010, 08:28 AM

9,053 posts, read 17,199,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzySWW View Post
What is up with every Huck post ending in "thanks Bill White". What is that?

How do our STINKY Houstonians tie in to old Bill?
I have wondered about that, also.

Old 03-02-2010, 08:36 AM

3,106 posts, read 9,124,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
Sounds like you should give them a membership to the local gym for their next birthday. It is a fact that fat people sweat much more easily than skinny people. You're not gonna smell awesome when you're soaked. Wasn't Houston the fattest city not too long ago?
No need to beat around the bush. We are all ( ? ) grown ups and know it.
So your opinion is that fat people are sweaty and therefore they stink. How fat is fat?

--------------
FWIW, I'm not offended by the so-called study. I think it's just a waste of time/money but if someone wants to dish out the effort & dough for it...

Old 03-02-2010, 08:38 AM

9,053 posts, read 17,199,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampaguita View Post
I think it's just a waste of time/money but if someone wants to dish out the effort & dough for it...
I agree - who paid for this study?

Old 03-02-2010, 10:13 AM

1,474 posts, read 4,997,198 times
hope this helps
How To Bathe Or Shower: A Guide For Men | Misanthropy Today

women in houston should probably follow the same procedure

Old 03-02-2010, 10:25 AM

9,273 posts, read 26,496,019 times
Oh good grief. Skinny people sweat like fiends too. The difference is that most skinnies have to truely exert themselves, or stand in the heat for a while, to sweat. Overweight people can work up a glow just walking through a store. The sweat between the folds of the skin. etc. Just sit next to someone on an airplane for a few hours who's more than a little overweight and you will smell something.......

Also, could the amount of ethic food served in this town, as well as the amount consumed, attribute to smell? I think so.

PS- I recently was in Europe for over a week. The British have a "tinge" to them. The French seemed not to. All the cabbies smelled like sewer. I didn't see one person that would rank overweight the entire time. Well, I take that back...one guy was easily 300lbs but he had on a Raiders jacket, vans and was wearing a tuke. Yeah...American.

Old 03-02-2010, 11:28 AM

2,271 posts, read 5,147,769 times
They not only used climate data, but smoking data as well. There's no mention of resident weight, visits or anything else.

Old 08-02-2010, 04:22 AM

1,200 posts, read 1,604,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused View Post
Oh good grief. Skinny people sweat like fiends too. The difference is that most skinnies have to truely exert themselves, or stand in the heat for a while, to sweat. Overweight people can work up a glow just walking through a store. The sweat between the folds of the skin. etc. Just sit next to someone on an airplane for a few hours who's more than a little overweight and you will smell something.......

Also, could the amount of ethic food served in this town, as well as the amount consumed, attribute to smell? I think so.

PS- I recently was in Europe for over a week. The British have a "tinge" to them. The French seemed not to. All the cabbies smelled like sewer. I didn't see one person that would rank overweight the entire time. Well, I take that back...one guy was easily 300lbs but he had on a Raiders jacket, vans and was wearing a tuke. Yeah...American.
Finally someone mentions food. B.O. has a lot to do with the foods people eat so it's not always about people not taking showers.

Old 08-02-2010, 11:31 AM

12,735 posts, read 21,779,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glorplaxy View Post

"No. 2: Houston, Texas

This swampy metropolis has one of the hottest summer temperature averages and chart-topping, year-round humidity — ideal conditions for a Texas-size stink."

Las Vegas ranks in first.

Thoughts?
That's very funny!

Old 08-02-2010, 11:52 AM

5,819 posts, read 7,233,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
How much do Americans loathe body odor? According to a new survey by Crystal Deodorant, 46% of those surveyed would shave an average of 10 years off of their lives to banish chronic body odor for life.
And 72% said they would be willing to cut off a little toe if they never had to hear about surveys like this again.

Seriously, 10 years off your life? No one, and I mean NO ONE, will give up 10 years to smell better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canaan-84 View Post
Finally someone mentions food. B.O. has a lot to do with the foods people eat so it's not always about people not taking showers.
Quote for truth. I have these pickles I love (Ba Tampte--get them at Spec's downtown). Really good, but enough garlic & dill flavor to kill a horse. My wife says she can "smell" when I've eaten them for several days after. That it oozes out of me; not my breath, but my body.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston