Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2010, 10:10 AM

401 posts, read 1,733,497 times

Advertisements

My mother is coming to USA and she will be travelling a lot. I live NorthWest and she will be travelling towards SouthWest. Houston does not have good transportation system and even then I would not want my mother to sit in the METRO BUS.

Anyway,

Is there any place where I can rent a car for a month? Do they give good deals if I am renting for a whole month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2010, 10:28 AM

912 posts, read 2,557,411 times
Priceline, lots of different reservations for a week at a time say.

Main issue is going to be the cost of a months full coverage insurance. If possible can she be added to your car insurance and therefore have coverage on the rental? Or through AMEX or other credit card offering free CDW/liability?

Hertz do a monthly rental but it didn't look cheap to me.

Old 05-12-2010, 10:35 AM

401 posts, read 1,733,497 times
Thanks GRUNN for the advice!

Yeah I also checked various websites and it seems pretty expensive!

For curiosity I called METRO and asked a route from location A to location B. Location B is my office from where I can take my mother with me on a bus to a parking ride near my house. But it takes 1 hour and 30 minutes for her just to travel 14 miles. This is unacceptable. I wish Houston had a better transportation system but then Houston is a BIG city.

Looks like I will be driving 100 miles a day and I HATE driving!

Old 05-13-2010, 08:01 AM

35 posts, read 155,093 times
A friend of mine came to US for a month and rented a car from budget. It's around $5xx something, definitely < $600 for a month for standard sedan(not the smallest one). They were using coupon from Entertainment book.
Hope that helps!

Old 05-13-2010, 08:06 AM

3,333 posts, read 9,175,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azamsharp View Post
My mother is coming to USA and she will be travelling a lot. I live NorthWest and she will be travelling towards SouthWest. Houston does not have good transportation system and even then I would not want my mother to sit in the METRO BUS.

Anyway,

Is there any place where I can rent a car for a month? Do they give good deals if I am renting for a whole month.
Call any major rental car co. They all have monthly rates. You want "cheap", call Rent-a-Wreck. they have acceptable vehicles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston