Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 02:45 PM

830 posts, read 1,727,696 times

Advertisements

So, I must be missing the joke. Why would a furniture store owner call his/her store the Dump?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2012, 03:02 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,989,217 times
I'm shocked. Whenever I got to Fry's I forget to go over there but I figured with it being called "The Dump" it would be reasonable, lol.

No idea it was pricy.

Old 02-11-2012, 05:11 PM

3,333 posts, read 9,170,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 55degrees View Post
So, I must be missing the joke. Why would a furniture store owner call his/her store the Dump?
It's a play on words, inferring that suppliers with overages and seconds "dump" their inventory there to sell at liquidation prices.

Ronnie

Old 02-11-2012, 05:21 PM

830 posts, read 1,727,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonRonnie View Post
It's a play on words, inferring that suppliers with overages and seconds "dump" their inventory there to sell at liquidation prices.

Ronnie
Oh, I see now. I guess one would need to see their commercials (or come to city data) to get that connection.

Old 02-12-2012, 08:39 AM

702 posts, read 1,235,433 times
There is no one ideal place for every type of furniture in Houston at reasonable prices?

Old 02-12-2012, 03:43 PM

2,639 posts, read 8,285,669 times
The dump has high end pieces as well as off brands. They typically have Natuzzi leather sofas. Ive seen Henredon and the like. you never know what you will find.

Old 02-13-2012, 09:19 AM

1,743 posts, read 3,818,989 times
The Dump always comes up with some sort of tragedy or once-in-a-lifetime opportunity in their commercials:

" A tidal wave destroyed a Chinese warehouse filled with rugs....their loss is our gain here at the Dump"
" Somali pirates hijacked a load of sofas...bad for the merchant..but good for us here at the Dump"
" Another retailer went belly up in this economy...guess what? The Dump bought their goods for pennies on the dollar."

Old 04-26-2012, 09:15 AM

1 posts, read 1,112 times
Default Depends on what you want

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonRonnie View Post
Beware of what? This is bull$hit. I suppose you work for the bean bag store. Good luck having the bean bag store come get your couch if the leg breaks or something. Mattress Mack will come out the same day.

Ronnie
I just bought the Fifth Avenue Dinette Set by Crown Mark (wholesaler) from Furniture Queen for $1,099. Before buying it , me and my wife went to the Gallery Furniture to check the quality. Their price tag ? It is $1,999! I had my fun with the salesperson that day

Anyway it depends whether if you want to be tickled and loved or just serviced. Some retailers will tickle you very smoothly and charge you extra. I'm not judging anybody but for myself I have to be on top every purchase and won't tolerate over-pricing companies.

Make sure you do your homework before splashing your money out unless you are rich and that is your lifestyle.

Oh I forgot, money buys you extra coverage everywhere! Nobody fixes anything for free, manufacturers warranty is usually 1 year for furniture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston