Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2012, 01:26 PM

4 posts, read 7,202 times

Advertisements

Moving to Madison in June. Looking for a great private pre-K (4 yr old program). Can't pay $200/week. Not looking for daycare. Just a 4 yr old pre-k, kindergarten-readiness curriculum type place.... 3 or 4 days a week.
Please help..... need to know where to go and where NOT to go. Thanks soooo much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2012, 02:07 PM

57 posts, read 122,911 times
The best place to look is at local churches. I'm not familiar with Madison churches but I take my daughter to Willowbrook baptist preeschool WEE program and its $170 a MONTH. First Baptist church and Whitesburg Baptist are both around the same price. They are located in Huntsville.

Old 05-15-2012, 04:51 PM

3,297 posts, read 6,269,312 times
Asbury Methodist has a fantastic pre k that you can do either part time or full time.

Asbury Church | Madison, AL

Old 05-16-2012, 06:10 AM

1,644 posts, read 3,037,369 times
Madison Church of Christ has one also. We had my daughter go there. Unsure of the price, but it had to be cheap. They're on Houghs.

Old 05-17-2012, 10:46 AM

1 posts, read 3,246 times
If you want a secular school, I highly recommend the Country Day School of Madison.

http://www.country-day.com/

The facility is relatively new and in a secluded, but very easy to get to location.

Old 05-19-2012, 12:11 AM

40 posts, read 130,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreLysium View Post
Madison Church of Christ has one also. We had my daughter go there. Unsure of the price, but it had to be cheap. They're on Houghs.
Madison Church of Christ is full for next year. I tried to get my son in there the first week they opened registration up to new families. He was added as 6th on the waiting list for his class, but the director sounded like all classes were full. Prices were very good. I think it was about $70/month for 2 days a week.

My kids go to Huntsville Christian Church. It's at the roundabout in the Providence area. 2 days a week is about $125/month. We've been happy with it.

We moved to more of the heart of Madison area, so I've tried to move to a preschool closer to where we live now. HCC is just a little further from where we live. Still convenient to run errands at Target, etc. after dropping kids off at school.

Old 08-19-2012, 10:22 PM

1 posts, read 3,024 times
If you can, sign up for Madison prek program. It is amazing!! I know it is tough to get into with the limited grant. My son got in when they added the second class. We paid all registration and first month fees for Asbury by the time we were accepted. We had been there previous two yrs and was hard to think of leaving because it too had a excellent program. We decides to go with prek with Madison program....wow. Glad we did! My son learned so much, loved his teachers and is so prepared for kindergarten. I have no worries of him starting kindergarten now, because prek prepared him for it and the teachers amazingly did it with so much compassion. As you can see I am grateful for that program.

Old 08-20-2012, 08:20 PM

583 posts, read 827,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaRelo View Post
If you want a secular school, I highly recommend the Country Day School of Madison.

#1 private school* in Huntsville Madison Alabama private schools* Huntsville* Madison Alabama#1 Private School in Huntsville Madison AL -The Country Day School (Preschool-8th grade)

The facility is relatively new and in a secluded, but very easy to get to location.
Country Day School or Slaughter Day Care is where we had our children for years. Slaughter DC is on the NW corner of Slaughter and Eastwood at the church (don't recall it's name). They've been there for years.

Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area