Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 06:53 PM

4,885 posts, read 7,288,355 times

Advertisements

I have a friend that thrift's in Athens and seems to do really well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2013, 10:22 PM

513 posts, read 868,171 times
I have shopped Asbury; the ones on University; I also head down to the ones by the Salvation Armyon Oakwood; I also shopped the one on Browns Ferry Rd which is tucked in a corner of a strip mall....I shopped the thrift store in downtown Athens it's ok. I have shopped once in Decatur.. but that's it.

Old 05-10-2013, 09:08 AM

308 posts, read 527,379 times
My wife likes the Downtown Rescue Mission stores.
With the Decatur store as her preference.

Old 05-10-2013, 06:42 PM

4,885 posts, read 7,288,355 times
Elephant
Where is the store on Brown's Ferry? What is it close to?

Old 05-12-2013, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hey teach View Post
Elephant
Where is the store on Brown's Ferry? What is it close to?
It is right behind a small gas station.. it's right before the mountain trail gravel parking area.. There is a Oriental supermarket right next to it... the thrift store is tucked back in the corner.....

Old 05-12-2013, 03:44 PM

Most of my guest bedroom linens, house decorations, camping stuff, have all come from thrift stores. Just be careful tho; I know some like to "cheat" on their prices.. make sure you hold them to what it says on the sign, etc. One time I forgot cash and I went out to get some... I came back and the lady had already rang up my stuff... told me a price that was not what I added up. I let it go because it was helping her... however I don't like to get scammed, either. So I learned... take cash......

Old 05-13-2014, 10:06 AM

1 posts, read 1,692 times
You can also check out the SAVING WAY THRIFT STORES. One located on Winchester and one on University. Tons of clothes in good condition and the store is really clean. There is always a sale. The 50% off sales are awesome. The University location has everything 50% off the last full Friday and Saturday of the month and Winchester location has it the first Friday and Saturday of the month. They are connected to His Way, it's a recovery program for men overcoming addiction. You can check it out at hiswayinc.org.

Hope this helps too! Love me some SAVING WAY!

Old 05-13-2014, 01:28 PM

442 posts, read 647,416 times
Default new Salvation Army thrift store in the City of Madison

The Salvation Army recently opened a new thrift store in the City of Madison on Hughes Road in the old post office building at 385 Hughes Road.

The Salvation Army ALM News Blog The Salvation Army of Huntsville extends reach into Madison County with new thrift store » The Salvation Army ALM News Blog

Old 04-26-2015, 10:43 AM

1 posts, read 1,244 times
I am from Arab and I enjoy thrifting in Huntsville. I do like the thrift on Johnson which benefits the Greater Huntsville Humane Society and I've found some gems there. The place is small though and kinda crammed. The husband and I go to, Salvation Army on Oakwood and Downtown Rescue across the street. I buy for resale. The S.A. has really nice stuff and they have a rack of new with ta
gs items. There are some high dollar name brand items on the new rack. BUT, their prices are somewhat high. If it's a name brand expect to pay high prices. The never seem to have a sale. They don't give senior discounts (we're seniors) unless you're 65 or older which annoys me. The Downtown Rescue's thrift has much better prices, and I have found some great items there too. Those are the only thrift stores in Hville that we shop, but I plan on going to the, Asbury one.

Old 04-26-2015, 09:50 PM

493 posts, read 713,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitaslaught63 View Post
I am from Arab and I enjoy thrifting in Huntsville. I do like the thrift on Johnson which benefits the Greater Huntsville Humane Society and I've found some gems there. The place is small though and kinda crammed. The husband and I go to, Salvation Army on Oakwood and Downtown Rescue across the street. I buy for resale. The S.A. has really nice stuff and they have a rack of new with ta
gs items. There are some high dollar name brand items on the new rack. BUT, their prices are somewhat high. If it's a name brand expect to pay high prices. The never seem to have a sale. They don't give senior discounts (we're seniors) unless you're 65 or older which annoys me. The Downtown Rescue's thrift has much better prices, and I have found some great items there too. Those are the only thrift stores in Hville that we shop, but I plan on going to the, Asbury one.
There's also the Habitat for Humanity ReStore at 400 Pratt Avenue in Huntsville. They have some great deals on household items.

ReStore | Habitat For Humanity

The money raised from the ReStore helps go toward Habitat for Humanity's goal to reduce poverty housing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area