Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 12:38 PM

309 posts, read 718,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rae-zor View Post
Not just a farm, a Martian farm! Think about it, NASA, aliens, trolls, malls...it was inevitable!
Quote:
Originally Posted by huffbuffer View Post
Trolling | Define Trolling at Dictionary.com

But seriously..if I am trolling then you are derailing the post which is also against the ToS.

Regards
Huffbuffer
Quote:
The content was a genuine question. I was told something and wanted an answer. This is not the place for such discussion? I guess I was being trolled, but do not assume I am trolling.
A genuine inquiry doesn't have such a provocative title as "Bridge Street shutting down" (implied as definitely happening). A troll post does. If you heard a rumor, frame the post and title as such. It also helps if you don't post such an absurd rumor as a multi-million dollar mixed-use development less than a decade old shutting down completely to be turned into another multi-million dollar development.

Old 05-21-2013, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggaeBusRider View Post
huffbuffer, I think your post is thought provoking and has some validity. Disregard what the trolls are saying about you. On the Bridge Street topic, you will be a hero once they realize what is happening. I do not believe BS will close. However, long discussed plans 15 miles west is about to change the game and negatively impact Bridge Street. I am projecting a June announcement from Genesis that will change everything. This is an educated guess based on the increased activity from the Decatur Council. Let's pay close attention to this one!!

Has anyone heard what retail tenants will occupy the Sweetwater development? I have mixed feelings about them reviving this project but it looks like the local government financing will be available for infrastructure (come on Limestone Co, this will benefit you too). I guess it all depends on what business commitments Genesis has received before embarking on a billion dollar development. I am interested in SERIOUS feedback from you all... especially what retail outfits you would like to see at the interchange?
This is not the same thing as wondering whether Bridge Street will be converted into an amusement park.

Old 05-21-2013, 01:53 PM

1,782 posts, read 3,279,085 times
Thank You ttownfeen.

Old 05-21-2013, 02:01 PM

331 posts, read 511,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttownfeen View Post
A genuine inquiry doesn't have such a provocative title as "Bridge Street shutting down" (implied as definitely happening). A troll post does. If you heard a rumor, frame the post and title as such. It also helps if you don't post such an absurd rumor as a multi-million dollar mixed-use development less than a decade old shutting down completely to be turned into another multi-million dollar development.
Unfortunately, the original post is not editable. At least not where I could see. So the title is stuck the way it is. I am not savvy to the online bulletin board world like some of you professionals, so please excuse me in my inexperience.

Regards
Huffbuffer

Old 05-21-2013, 02:46 PM

No need to apologize, Huffbuffer. We were all noobs once.

Old 05-21-2013, 06:35 PM

296 posts, read 694,013 times
I have enjoyed this forum since I first looked at moving here in 2008. I have learned a lot and hoped I have shared what I have learned. Unfortunately, the arrival of trolls, and worse, the feeding of trolls, forces me away as I have seen too often what trolls can do to a great message board.

Again, thanks for all the wonderful information!

Marc

Old 05-21-2013, 07:22 PM

539 posts, read 1,924,157 times
Quote:
@ReggieBusRider - What we need are more Mexican restaurants in the HSV area. This would be a great place to bring in more Mexican cuisine other than that Cantina Lorado.

Kind of hard to do that in a state that openly hates Hispanic people.

Old 05-21-2013, 07:25 PM

331 posts, read 511,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttownfeen View Post
No need to apologize, Huffbuffer. We were all noobs once.
Thank you

Old 05-21-2013, 10:13 PM

6,048 posts, read 18,423,643 times
Quote:
@ReggieBusRider - What we need are more Mexican restaurants in the HSV area. This would be a great place to bring in more Mexican cuisine other than that Cantina Lorado.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AQUEMINI331 View Post
Kind of hard to do that in a state that openly hates Hispanic people.
Not at all.
We probably have 25 of them in Decatur with more opening soon.

Old 05-22-2013, 01:48 PM

252 posts, read 321,388 times
When I lived in Decatur, my favorite was the one in the mall. Great service and food. Can't remember the name?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area