Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 04:13 PM

1,782 posts, read 3,280,464 times

Advertisements

Oh Jesus Christ.

Old 12-06-2013, 06:45 AM

85 posts, read 98,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stand Up Chuck View Post
We're working out our differences... Perhaps we'll be back on stage someday

Thanks for the kind words...

SuC
Well I'm not sure I like that tone. Remove "Perhaps" and it is all good. My good buddy YNWA asked if I heard about the band coming back. For a second I thought SuC with excitement. Turns out it is only Phil Collins and Genesis.

Best of luck to you all!

Old 12-06-2013, 07:15 AM

1,644 posts, read 3,036,806 times
I'd see Genesis in concert if Phil Collins was back with them. But I wouldn't buy whatever flaccid album they released and I'd hope they wouldn't play any of it at the concert.

Neil Diamond, who I saw about 10 years ago, was very merciful and didn't perform any of the stuff off his new album at the time. Though he mentioned the thing. Paul Simon was also equally merciful to us in the early 1990s, but he had moved on to writing theater musicals and I never minded everything up to Rhythm of the Saints anyhow.

Old 12-06-2013, 07:27 AM

14 posts, read 13,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreLysium View Post
I'd see Genesis in concert if Phil Collins was back with them. But I wouldn't buy whatever flaccid album they released and I'd hope they wouldn't play any of it at the concert.

Neil Diamond, who I saw about 10 years ago, was very merciful and didn't perform any of the stuff off his new album at the time. Though he mentioned the thing. Paul Simon was also equally merciful to us in the early 1990s, but he had moved on to writing theater musicals and I never minded everything up to Rhythm of the Saints anyhow.
My all time favourite band just recently released a new album. When music first started influencing me, it was the early 90s, so that era is the music I enjoyed the most. Nothing beat some good 90s grunge and college radio tracks. Anyways, Toad the Wet Sprocket was just amazing to me and when they broke up in 98, i was a sad hufbuffer. They reunited a couple years back and I managed to catch shows in St.Louis, Atlanta, and Nashville. The new album is a little more poppy than I would have requested but it grew on me and it is a good effort from a band that went their own ways and managed to come back. Right now it is up there with their Dulcinea album.

With that being said....we have faith in you SuC!

Regards
Hufbuffer

Old 12-06-2013, 03:16 PM

85 posts, read 98,460 times
Ok, back to topic. A little background on SuC from my perspective. I am apparently much older than huf(f)buffer because I grew up with tunes from the late 70s forward. SuC plays A LOT of great 80s music and I think it is, by far, the best decade of music in my lifetime. SuC's lead singer/keyboard guy is a little too rockish for some of the songs but he pulls it off well. Lead guitarist is fantastic (my opinion, no hate mail please). The drummer looks like a guy I would play golf with and he is pretty good with the sticks. I saw them at the Gazebo this summer and also at Bandito. I am very fond of the bandito setting and I looked forward to rounding up some friends and heading to Bandito Burrito to listen to SuC. If they come back I will get a group of folks to rock the place and, heck, I'll even DM hufbuffer an invite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area