Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 09:14 PM

776 posts, read 746,425 times

Advertisements

The new valleymls.com is pretty nice. Definitely better than Zillow in that it uses the information directly from the MLS system. It's not Zillow eye candy by any means, but it's a huge improvement over it's predecessor. On the user side it's actually really nice and more friendly to the iPad It also appears to offer more data than the original valleymls.com did. Everyone should go check it out. This has been long overdue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2014, 09:32 PM

3,297 posts, read 6,268,242 times
Our new public MLS site does not go live until tomorrow or Wednesday, so not sure what you are talking about. It's still Solid Earth as of now.

And the data is the same. You are basically looking at the exact same site we have always had.

Our agent site is fully transitioned, but ValleyMLS.com will not be updated until the new site goes live no later than Wednesday we hope, so no new listings, price adjustments, etc. on the public site until then.

Zillow and Trulia and other third party sites that have entered into direct syndication agreements with us all get their data from our MLS. That is why we did what we did, so we can control the integrity of the data received by these third party sites. As of now, we have no agreement with Realtor.com.

In other news, Zillow bought Trulia today, so there will probably be some changes coming there.

Last edited by LCTMadison; 07-28-2014 at 09:55 PM..

Old 07-28-2014, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCTMadison View Post
Our new public MLS site does not go live until tomorrow or Wednesday, so not sure what you are talking about. It's still Solid Earth as of now.
And the data is the same. You are basically looking at the exact same site we have always had.

Our agent site is fully transitioned, but ValleyMLS.com will not be updated until the new site goes live no later than Wednesday we hope, so no new listings, price adjustments, etc. on the public site.

Zillow and Trulia and other third party sites that have entered into direct syndication agreements with us all get their data from our MLS. That is why we did what we did, so we can control the intergrity of the data received by these third party sites. As of now, we have no agreement with Realtor.com.

In other news, Zillow bought Trulia today, so there will probably be some changes coming there.
While that may be true officially in the world of website and DNS servers to go live means the process starts at least 24-48 hours in advance. It can take that long for all the DNS caches to point to the new server. There is a new interface on my computer screen while in Washington state they may still see the old site. The same domain can actually flip back and forth between the old and new server during this period. It's up regardless of what someone told you.

Old 07-28-2014, 10:08 PM

Old 07-28-2014, 10:14 PM

1,782 posts, read 3,280,464 times
Apparently Zillow plans on keeping Trulia separate, which is odd, but whatever.

I always used Zillow.

Old 07-28-2014, 10:21 PM

442 posts, read 647,774 times
I just looked up that site and it does not look like that on my computer.

Old 07-28-2014, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FayettevilletoHuntsville View Post
I just looked up that site and it does not look like that on my computer.
Like I said earlier it can take up to 48 hours to propagate through all the DNS servers.

Old 07-28-2014, 10:49 PM

442 posts, read 647,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaverra View Post
Like I said earlier it can take up to 48 hours to propagate through all the DNS servers.
I know nothing about computers.

So does this mean you have a better location, better service, or better computer than I do?

Old 07-29-2014, 12:55 AM

1,644 posts, read 3,036,806 times
ValleyMLS has ads?

You don't use an ad blocker?

Old 07-29-2014, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FayettevilletoHuntsville View Post
I know nothing about computers.

So does this mean you have a better location, better service, or better computer than I do?
Actually if you clear the cache in your browser you may see the new site. If you have visited the site before it will more than likely have cached the old site.

Edit: Just got to work and it's going to the old site, but my LTE iPad and home computer both point to the new site. It may take another day or so for it to show up for some.

Last edited by weaverra; 07-29-2014 at 06:11 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area