Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 11:12 AM

626 posts, read 754,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldclark33 View Post
In response to the questions as to why I chose to delay vaccinations and the critisism I have recieved from this post... I am simply doing what I feel, as a mother, is the best thing for my child. I never said I am against vaccinations altogether but I do prefer to allow nature to do it's thing as much as possible. In my opinion, there is no reason to inject unneeded chemicals in a tiny infant. The baby will build immunity naturally through breastfeeding and proper nutrition and care. After a few months, I will make an informed decision on whether she will be administered each vaccination on an individual basis. The point is... I have the right as a mother to make these decisions for my child. I am doing my research and am well informed. The debate goes much farther than Autism and Jenny Mcarthy. This part of the country is especially difficult when it comes to natural medicine and that's unfortunate. I appreciate those that supported me. I did not ask for a debate on whether to vaccinate as I stated that I was seeking a doctor to support the decision that was ALREADY made. I know there are many more parents that feel the same way I do but are afraid to speak up because they can't handle the backlash and bullying. I recieved several direct messages in support of my decision and they all mentioned they did not want to make their comments publically because they would not be recieved well in this community. How sad is that?
Allowing nature to do things as much as possible will really help your kids catch and spread illnesses. Your kids will NOT build immunities to things that vaccines are protecting them against. And also, not vaccinating them does not stop them from building immunities the natural way that you're looking to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2014, 11:48 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,846,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldclark33
In response to the questions as to why I chose to delay vaccinations and the critisism I have recieved from this post... I am simply doing what I feel, as a mother, is the best thing for my child. I never said I am against vaccinations altogether but I do prefer to allow nature to do it's thing as much as possible. In my opinion, there is no reason to inject unneeded chemicals in a tiny infant. The baby will build immunity naturally through breastfeeding and proper nutrition and care.
A very good reply!!!!!!

I am proud of you

Old 10-22-2014, 11:57 AM

35 posts, read 46,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldclark33 View Post
The baby will build immunity naturally through breastfeeding and proper nutrition and care.
I'm sorry, but this incorrect in the case of diseases for which we use vaccinations.

#7 Babies receive antibodies with breast milk. Why do they need vaccines if they already get this natural protection? | Vaccines Today

Old 10-22-2014, 12:04 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,301,109 times
Although news coverage of Enterovirus D-68 has been overcome by constant EBOLA news, it remains a much larger risk to the general population. First identified in 1962, most people had never heard of it until this year when the number of cases spiked tremendously in the US. I don't think it's a coincidence that this huge spike happened to occur after a large surge of children from central America were brought into the country. And I can tell you that it's here in HSV because notifications (both in writing and email) were sent home from my child's preschool because a child there has a confirmed case of it.

Vaccinations can't prevent everything. But as a person who had Mumps & Chicken Pox as a child (before there were vaccines), I am THRILLED that my children were able to be vaccinated and won't have to suffer through those miserable illnesses. And it's well-documented that the benefits of vaccines FAR outweigh any risks. Maybe it's the accountant in me, but I'm trusting the numbers.

If you don't want your kids vaccinated, that's your right. But I hope you're planning to homeschool b/c the Alabama "Blue Card" is a requirement for enrollment into every school or child development program I know of. And I strongly advise you to not travel to any 3rd world countries with your children unless you want them to catch one of these horrid diseases/illnesses that are so very preventable.

Old 10-22-2014, 01:08 PM

3,297 posts, read 6,268,242 times
That is not correct. Children can get an exemption and get a "white" card to attend public schools.

And ldclark I think you should do what you feel is right for YOUR family. It's sad others cannot respect ones personal decisions regarding their personal life.

Old 10-22-2014, 02:12 PM

68 posts, read 115,762 times
I think you may have difficulty in finding a Dr. I had a hard time finding a pediatrician when I moved here a couple of years ago. There are not a lot of pediatric practices in the area and many of them are not taking new patients. Also, as I mentioned above, many of the practices will not see children who are not vaccinated.

I was able to get into a practice because I was referred by the mother of a current patient. That may be your best course of action.

Old 10-22-2014, 02:15 PM

1,644 posts, read 3,035,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeWilliams View Post
We aren't stupid, we vaccinate.
But I'm sure you know some people who homeschool that choose not to.

But all kids in public schools have been vaccinated. So parents of non-homeschooled kids will probably not have the information she is looking for.

As for the "we are persecuted" and "they are stupid" rhetoric, you can keep it. I'll pass on the meaningless drama.

Old 10-22-2014, 03:07 PM

35 posts, read 46,345 times
Bottom line is, whether you vaccinate or not, is it very, VERY unlikely that your children will contract any of the horrible diseases that vaccinations prevent. To thank for that, you have the educated parents who chose to get their children vaccinated. You're welcome.

Old 10-22-2014, 03:15 PM

2 posts, read 3,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreLysium View Post
But I'm sure you know some people who homeschool that choose not to.

But all kids in public schools have been vaccinated. So parents of non-homeschooled kids will probably not have the information she is looking for.
Au contraire. In Alabama, the County Health Dept. can issue a Religious exemption. All you have to do is state it is against your religious beliefs and they will gladly give you one. Doctors can also provide a medical exemption, but one would have to convince the individual doctor of this or the child would have had to have a documented adverse reaction to a prior vaccine. The religious exemptions are much easier to obtain. For those of you who fear your child coming in contact with an unvaccinated child at school, you might be surprised to know how many children have religious exemptions and as a result have not been vaccinated.

Old 10-22-2014, 07:47 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,846,248 times
Thumbs down *

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreLysium
But all kids in public schools have been vaccinated.
Im really trying to stay out of this as if I get involved,this thread will become quite hot and will be locked but.....

If all kids in public schools are vaccinated,WHY DOES IT MATTER IF HER BABY ISNT?? (They wont get anything,they have been vaccinated....Vaccines are so good right?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
View detailed profiles of: