Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2015, 10:38 AM

1 posts, read 933 times

Advertisements

Relocating there soon. Any info you can provide about churchs, stores and medical and crime rate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2015, 05:44 PM

4,885 posts, read 7,289,856 times
New Market proper or surrounding area? There is no medical, maybe a small clinic, but no dr offices or hospital. There is a small pharmacy. Churches ... Baptist, Presbyterian, Methodist, maybe a Church of God, all small. One high school, one middle school, one elementary school. One small convenience ztore that may or may not have gas on any given day. One bbq resturant that is pretty good. One hole in the wall resturant that is ok And a Post Office. That is about it for New Market proper.

Before you get to New Market on Winchester Road. In the Riverton/Mt carmel area there is more. publiz, several,resturants, hair and nail places, MCDonalds, and Wal-mart is coming. Two elementary schools, one iintermediat school.

Either way Huntsville is an easy drive.

Oh, i forgot, there is a dollar general just outside NewMkt and a family dollar in riverton and a neat diner named Cafe 302.

Welcome.

Old 03-23-2015, 05:54 PM

4,885 posts, read 7,289,856 times
Crime Rate : while I am sure there is crime, I don't hear about it. Not like Hazel Green or Fayetteville.

Old 03-26-2015, 02:59 PM

3 posts, read 3,797 times
As Realtor in the area I can tell you New Market is a great place to live and so is Hazel Green. Hazel Green has great school. The high school has everything to offer our kids. I have a boy who will be there next year, we went to our first band parents meeting there 2 weeks ago. After the meeting the band director gave all the new kids and parents a tour of the school. I was amazed at the programs that are available. They have one that no other school in the state has. If a kid doesn't get an education there it is because they don't want it. The intermediate school opened last fall. The elementary is only eight years old. I can tell you they are all very good schools. The new super Walmart just opened two weeks ago and I understand that new restaurants and other businesses will follow soon. It is and easy drive into town. I do it ever day. Welcome to Huntsville and Madison County, it is a great place to live and I know you will love it.

Old 03-27-2015, 05:16 AM

3,297 posts, read 6,268,242 times
There is not much in that area shopping wise, you are going to have to come into HSV for shopping but its not far. They are building a new Walmart, and there is a Kroger and Publix there already as well as some smaller stores.

No medical really to speak of outside of maybe a random family doctor or dentist. Again, pretty much going to need to come to HSV. To get to the medical district/Huntsville Hospital it will take you about 15-20ish minutes.

As for churches, you are in Alabama. There is one on every street corner.

Old 03-27-2015, 07:08 AM

3,508 posts, read 766,278 times
if you want to live in the country then move to new market ..i live here .. i love it .. when you need to go to town go to hazel green ..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area