Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 05:11 PM

27 posts, read 42,007 times

Advertisements

I am a self confessed Madison hater because of what my beloved Mayberry like small town became. I moved to HSV and 5 Points/Monte Sano just has the right feel to me. So sue me because I hate Atlanta like traffic, trains that stop on tracks during rush hour and inconsiderate people who prefer strip malls to nature. Not me. I have not liked the changes I've seen out here in Madison in the last 5 years. They have bulldozed all the beauty and tried to hard to compete with Huntsville to the detriment of what was once a charming little place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2015, 06:38 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolf123 View Post
I am a self confessed Madison hater because of what my beloved Mayberry like small town became. I moved to HSV and 5 Points/Monte Sano just has the right feel to me. So sue me because I hate Atlanta like traffic, trains that stop on tracks during rush hour and inconsiderate people who prefer strip malls to nature. Not me. I have not liked the changes I've seen out here in Madison in the last 5 years. They have bulldozed all the beauty and tried to hard to compete with Huntsville to the detriment of what was once a charming little place.
Your BELOVED small town now has Atlanta traffic, trains stopping on the "cross road" (I assume you mean) during rush hour, and strip malls have become the norm?

Where the hell do you live?

Old 03-31-2015, 06:52 PM

27 posts, read 42,007 times
Default Do you have a comprehension problem?

I live in Madison after living in Huntsville for my adult life. I grew up in Madison when I was young. It is beyond recognition now.

It is no different then living in an Atlanta suburb (and I did). I will not recommend it to anyone.

Old 03-31-2015, 08:27 PM

493 posts, read 713,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolf123 View Post
I live in Madison after living in Huntsville for my adult life. I grew up in Madison when I was young. It is beyond recognition now.

It is no different then living in an Atlanta suburb (and I did). I will not recommend it to anyone.
I first moved to Madison in 1986 and it is MUCH different now than it was back then. I really don't view all the growth as a bad thing though, I know a lot of people that live in Madison that love it.

Old 03-31-2015, 08:45 PM

4,739 posts, read 10,443,387 times
Living South - "Sorry, but I do not feel comfortable providing the name of the establishment."

Too "shocked and angered" to identify a restaurant where females hit on guys in the restroom? What about the children?

Old 03-31-2015, 09:40 PM

442 posts, read 647,416 times
Quote:
Living South - "Sorry, but I do not feel comfortable providing the name of the establishment."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reactionary View Post
Too "shocked and angered" to identify a restaurant where females hit on guys in the restroom? What about the children?
Reactionary - Could be considered a consumer complaint, don't you think? That's against the city-data terms of service.

Quote:
This is not the right place for consumer complaints. Such posts present defamation issues and they don't give the other side the opportunity to present their side of the argument.

Old 03-31-2015, 09:53 PM

4,739 posts, read 10,443,387 times
Good point FtH.

If the female was a employee performing her duty (hitting on guys in the men's room) or if the restaurant management knew about the situation and did nothing, perhaps it could present a defamation issue. Else, it's an anecdote about how Huntsville and North Alabama disregards the OP's privacy.

OP - did you inform the restaurant management and how did they respond?

Old 03-31-2015, 10:26 PM

442 posts, read 647,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reactionary View Post
Good point FtH.

If the female was a employee performing her duty (hitting on guys in the men's room) or if the restaurant management knew about the situation and did nothing, perhaps it could present a defamation issue.
But it doesn't present a defamation issue here on C-D when nameless. That was just to make a point about some bad experiences in our area by the OP.

I'd be surprised if the OP answers any more questions or participates further on this thread after the rude responses he got from several other members. I'm also not the only one that thought some responses were rude and I am sure I'll probably get some for posting this.

The point of city-data is to inform and create a sense of community, right? The rude response posts on this thread don't do the latter.

Old 04-01-2015, 05:59 AM

3,297 posts, read 6,268,242 times
I think the "me" culture is very indicative of American society as a whole...not just North AL.

Old 04-01-2015, 10:18 AM

10 posts, read 13,365 times
I have to agree with the bit about litter. Huntsville does have a litter problem (that clearly dovetails with the note in another thread about how HSV leads the state in DUIs, as lots of that litter is beer cans and bottles). Thankfully we do have the street sweepers come through every so often, but I swear every morning when I leave for work, someone has thrown something in my front yard (and half the yards along the street).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area