Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2008, 08:19 AM

153 posts, read 380,881 times

Advertisements

Hello all...

I have fallen in love with this area of the state. I never knew such a nice place existed. (born and raised in GA but attended Alabama State University) My question/concerns are:

I am a single mom , age 35 (one child who is 1)
I am a teacher (12 yrs..elementary level)
I would love to start afresh and new

With that being said..

A major part of me would love a career change or at least try another area of education. I have researched jobs and I just dont see where I could possibly fit in with an education degree. I would love to try another field and was wondering if the major companies there are willing to take chances with people and train them..(I AM READY TO LEARN) I have no big issue remaining in education (feeling stuck in a rut these days) But I would love a different spin to what I do.

Also, with me being a single mom doing it all on my own..Im concerned about the costs. (daycare, renting, buying..etc) right now, I do not have a car note, but my credit isnt the bestdue to a rough streak I encountered shortly after the birth of my child that just kept going and going and going.

I am doomed? Do you think people would be willing to work with me? (I am repaying my debts now..through a credit counseling service) Does anyone think that I have a fighting chance on making a move?

Sorry for the long post..but there is just much I've been wanting to type for a few days. THank you in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area