Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2017, 05:44 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,057,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCEddie View Post
Sorry, I'm talking about the County Line location - one on the corner of 72 and County Line that Kroger has apparently pulled out of, and the one less than a mile away. But that is only a rumor I assume, haven't seen it confirmed anywhere yet.
That is wrong. The old Kroger on Hughes is being torn down and Publix is building there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2017, 05:47 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,057,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennhioland View Post
There has not been anything even remotely official said about Publix going to the site at 72 and County Line where Kroger may or may not locate. I think someone said they wouldn't be surprised on Facebook, that's it. And they just recently updated the inside of the County Line and Gillespie location, they aren't moving from there.
And that won't happen. They are in the middle of renovating the store on County Line. That won't be done until November.

Old 08-12-2017, 10:51 PM

1,645 posts, read 3,096,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maya Blue View Post
That is wrong. The old Kroger on Hughes is being torn down and Publix is building there.
Thanks Maya.. I checked my source and he had the location wrong. I told him I was mocked on City-data... "What's city-data?"

I should have known better

Old 08-13-2017, 07:44 AM

3,297 posts, read 6,266,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennhioland View Post
There has not been anything even remotely official said about Publix going to the site at 72 and County Line where Kroger may or may not locate. I think someone said they wouldn't be surprised on Facebook, that's it. And they just recently updated the inside of the County Line and Gillespie location, they aren't moving from there.
Agree...would be shocked if Publix made this move. It makes no sense.

I do think they will close the Madison Blvd location once the new one on Martin Road and the one at Hughes Road are completed.

Old 08-13-2017, 07:54 AM

1,977 posts, read 4,207,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCTMadison View Post
Agree...would be shocked if Publix made this move. It makes no sense.

I do think they will close the Madison Blvd location once the new one on Martin Road and the one at Hughes Road are completed.
The Madison Blvd store is already slated for renovations in early 2018 according to one of the managers I spoke to. Unless they plan to reverse that decision, it sounded like the one on Madison Blvd was there for the long haul. Kind of crazy with the proposed one on Hughes, but many locations in other states have Publix stores within a few miles of each other, so who knows...

Old 09-29-2017, 11:33 AM

226 posts, read 388,730 times
A user posted this is a separate thread; if you know what's going on, please post. Thx!

"I've noticed this week land clearing about mile and a half south of I-565 on Countyline rd and Indian Springs rd directly across from the tower at HSV. I've heard the airport has rights to all available land in that area. Any idea to what's being built?"

Old 10-17-2017, 12:25 PM

226 posts, read 388,730 times
I hate to be somewhat vague here, but there is a parcel of land on the west side of CLR between Madison Boulevard and SCSWORX that is "Under Contract." Does anyone know how big this parcel is and who has it listed? Links to the listing are much appreciated!

Old 10-17-2017, 02:03 PM

143 posts, read 155,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonMike View Post
A user posted this is a separate thread; if you know what's going on, please post. Thx!

"I've noticed this week land clearing about mile and a half south of I-565 on Countyline rd and Indian Springs rd directly across from the tower at HSV. I've heard the airport has rights to all available land in that area. Any idea to what's being built?"
Actually, Boeing owns a large part of the airport property. The land between the runways is Boeings south of Taxiway "L."

Old 10-17-2017, 05:18 PM

12,977 posts, read 9,495,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgrab View Post
Actually, Boeing owns a large part of the airport property. The land between the runways is Boeings south of Taxiway "L."
Yes, Boeing uses land between the runeways, but property on County Line Road south of 565 would be west of the westernmost runway, not between them. Pretty sure I read that the airport bought/leased that land for additional runway(s) when the need arises. I suspect that need will be well in the future.

Is the property that MadisonMike referred to getting close to the FedEx and Lockheed buildings? They're off (south and east) of Exit 3 (Greenbriar Road) I think. If so, they might be expanding.

Old 10-19-2017, 09:23 AM

3,297 posts, read 6,266,015 times
Not County Line but just an FYI that Orange Theory Fitness is opening Dec. 9 by Target.

I'm excited its not a mattress store, nail salon, or tire store....I'm also excited I will no longer have to drive to HSV
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area