Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2018, 08:57 PM

77 posts, read 134,995 times

Advertisements

It will be interesting to see how another ice cream store does since it's a direct challenge to Buster's right there. Sub-zero was right there next to Publix and it didn't last long. We enjoyed the ice cream, but it always seemed like it would be hard to pull people away from Bruster's which has been there for a while.

Edit: Wait, is it Frios like the Popsicle place?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2018, 06:05 AM

226 posts, read 388,808 times
Yeah, they do popsicles. I don't think they do like cups of ice cream or cones or whatever. so a little bit different in terms of product offering or whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead80 View Post
It will be interesting to see how another ice cream store does since it's a direct challenge to Buster's right there. Sub-zero was right there next to Publix and it didn't last long. We enjoyed the ice cream, but it always seemed like it would be hard to pull people away from Bruster's which has been there for a while.

Edit: Wait, is it Frios like the Popsicle place?

Old 02-23-2018, 08:46 AM

1,977 posts, read 4,207,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonMike View Post
Yeah, they do popsicles. I don't think they do like cups of ice cream or cones or whatever. so a little bit different in terms of product offering or whatever
I don't think they'll last. Most families in the area are engineers, which are notoriously thrifty. Frios charges ~$4 per popsicle. I know they're good, but that's $16 for a family of 4 for popsicles. All of the thrifty engineers I know buy boxes of popsicles at Publix.

Just my prediction...hope I'm wrong though as we definitely need more restaurants on CLR. Wish we'd get some good sit-down places. A nice, non-smoking neighborhood pub within walking distance of Waterford/Heritage Plantation would do great business, at least in the evening.

Old 02-23-2018, 08:53 AM

125 posts, read 165,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead80 View Post
This is a business model I've never understood, building the same thing in an already over saturated market while other well populated areas go under-served. I mean who wants a 10 pizza places or mattress stores in a few mile radius?

Old 02-23-2018, 12:15 PM

117 posts, read 314,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by csutton79 View Post
This is a business model I've never understood, building the same thing in an already over saturated market while other well populated areas go under-served. I mean who wants a 10 pizza places or mattress stores in a few mile radius?
I agree.. I wasn't that excited to hear about a new pizza place or a new ice cream place coming near my area. I feel that investors need to be a bit more creative.. perhaps kebob, salad bar/buffet, local chinese to-go, bahn mi, or so on would do.

Old 02-23-2018, 01:21 PM

1,977 posts, read 4,207,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AznDreamer View Post
I agree.. I wasn't that excited to hear about a new pizza place or a new ice cream place coming near my area. I feel that investors need to be a bit more creative.. perhaps kebob, salad bar/buffet, local chinese to-go, bahn mi, or so on would do.
If we got a good Middle Eastern/Mediterranean place on CLR, I'd eat there everyday!

Old 02-23-2018, 02:00 PM

146 posts, read 161,471 times
Default Unsightly property at CL and hwy 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennhioland View Post
I noticed new for sale signs at this property on the northwest corner of County Line and Madison Blvd. Would love for this property to be purchased and developed. Not a very attractive entrance into Madison.

http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/10040...n-AL/11339578/
If memory serves me right, the entire interchange east of 565 was redesigned because that house was deemed as some sort of "Historical" building. Good place for the fire department to have some practice on a burning building.

Old 02-23-2018, 02:45 PM

641 posts, read 698,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossmoyne View Post
If memory serves me right, the entire interchange east of 565 was redesigned because that house was deemed as some sort of "Historical" building. Good place for the fire department to have some practice on a burning building.
I think it was more along the lines of the owner wanted too much money and the interchange was redesigned around it. Just like the old Chevrolet dealership on Pratt Avenue and I-565. They wanted more money for a piece of the property than they paid for the whole thing. ALDoT redrew the intersection, problem solved.

Old 02-23-2018, 02:47 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,057,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldiver View Post
I think it was more along the lines of the owner wanted too much money and the interchange was redesigned around it. Just like the old Chevrolet dealership on Pratt Avenue and I-565. They wanted more money for a piece of the property than they paid for the whole thing. ALDoT redrew the intersection, problem solved.
No, that house is an historical property. Even if the gov't bought the land, they can not tear down that house. Had nothing to do with what money they were asking for.

Old 02-23-2018, 03:51 PM

125 posts, read 165,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AznDreamer View Post
I would gladly visit any of those places! Would love to have a Souper Salad here.

I don't mind having a few options of the same type, they just need to at least spread into areas that could use it!

Hilarious thing is right after I posted, Dave and Busters announce they were setting up shop in MidCity in 2019. Yes.. right across the road from Stars and Strikes. Just another example.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area