Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2018, 02:49 PM

3,297 posts, read 6,268,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmaster View Post
Yep, It does have some easement info though. The previous owner said he had the property surveyed and told me he had a PLAT drawing and said he would dig it up and get it to me. I have text him multiple times and asked him if he found the drawing. Unfortunately now that the house is sold, he is being a little less than cooperative. Would that survey drawing be filed at the tax assessors office? If I could find out who did the survey, would they give me a copy of the drawing? Or would the builder have a plat drawing?
Highly doubtful the individual plat is filed in the probate. You can easily get the plat with the easements in the probate....or the plat with the house at the tax assessor....but both is generally not going to be filed in the probate or with the tax assessor but again you can always ask to confirm.
No, a surveyor won't give you a copy. They will gladly charge you to do a new one!
The builder MIGHT have something, they usually have a plat drawing with easements so worth calling and asking. Their willingness to give you that is going to depend on the builder.

My question is why does the neighborhood need this and if this is an existing property you would think they would have already acquired this from the previous owner??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2018, 04:00 PM

523 posts, read 1,004,272 times
The HOA covenants state specifically that you must provide a PLAT drawing (no exceptions), marked up, with dimensions and detailed description, of what changes you are making on the property.

The current HOA (APEX) took over the HOA from Hughes in February. There haven't been any modifications to the property that I know of so it's doubtful anyone has had the need to submit a PLAT drawing to the HOA.

Old 11-08-2018, 06:26 PM

218 posts, read 278,056 times
Sounds like they mean survey instead of plat. Can't do what they're asking with a plat. /Shrug

Old 11-09-2018, 03:46 AM

523 posts, read 1,004,272 times
Going back and reading the Architectural Review Committee form, it says a "lot plan" must be submitted. It doesn't specifically say PLAT or survey. I guess I read too much into it. I probably could just print a screen capture from emaps that shows the dwelling and property lines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area