Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2009, 10:27 AM

1 posts, read 1,569 times

Advertisements

I'm moving from Bimingham. The job will be at Redstone so I'm looking for the best schools my middle school child can attend. I'm looking for a homes around 300K. Where should I be looking for homes? My primary concern is that I be in a good school system. Although I realize the work is on the parent and child.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2009, 10:33 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,822,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BhamMove View Post
I'm moving from Bimingham. The job will be at Redstone so I'm looking for the best schools my middle school child can attend. I'm looking for a homes around 300K. Where should I be looking for homes? My primary concern is that I be in a good school system. Although I realize the work is on the parent and child.
When are you moving?
Is the other parent working? Where?
When will your kid(s) be starting school in the Huntsville area?

Visit the greatschools.net website. Tons of data. Parent reviews too.
Visit the Alabama Dept of Education website. Tons of data.

Search this forum's threads for keywords. This will help you a lot.

There are three districts in the Huntsville Madison area: Huntsville City, Madison City, and Madison County. There are good schools in all three districts. There are homes in your price range in all three districts. There are a lot of similarities with homes and neighborhoods in that price ranges in those districts, so you really need to drive around and get a feel. It seems there is a good mix of posters on this forum from all three districts so each person will be able to write the benefits of their community.

Old 01-11-2009, 03:58 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,226,705 times
Check out valleymls.com for houses for sale. What commute time is acceptable? Do you want to live in a subdivision? Big lot/small lot?

There are lots of areas that would fit your needs it is just a matter of what works for you and your family.

Old 01-11-2009, 05:19 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,822,244 times
valleymls (or the database it pulls from) is very good. It is the only website I have every used that can filter on elementary and/or middle and/or high schools. I wish all real estate databases did that.

Old 01-12-2009, 10:37 PM

298 posts, read 716,834 times
I would recommend a home in Madison city (on the southeastern side so it's more convenient), in southeast Huntsville, in Hampton Cove, or on Monte Sano.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area