Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 06:15 AM

1,178 posts, read 2,838,392 times

Advertisements

Hey Fal50 Please be clear ! I am NOT pushing my beliefs on you!!! I was just trying to be empathetic and understanding. Yes, I have also been through loss and don't understand why and have questioned extensively as to whys but I am not trying to say you have to agree with me. I just wanted you to know that I also have experienced loss that I do not understand and somehow I think I will understand one day. And I was just trying to encourage you that you are a good person and even in your circumstances I know that you are making a difference.
Also, to those of you that don't agree, I never push my beliefs on you or make fun of your beliefs. We are all at different places. SO please don't belittle those of us who are seeeking some spirituality whatever it may be in this world. You have every right to think whatever you want of it but I would never insult you for thinking that way. So just return the favor! There are many reasonable people who are willing to discuss spiritual matters and are very rational. Let's respect each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2009, 07:37 AM

8,742 posts, read 12,962,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mawoods View Post
Hey Fal50 Please be clear ! I am NOT pushing my beliefs on you!!! I was just trying to be empathetic and understanding. Yes, I have also been through loss and don't understand why and have questioned extensively as to whys but I am not trying to say you have to agree with me. I just wanted you to know that I also have experienced loss that I do not understand and somehow I think I will understand one day. And I was just trying to encourage you that you are a good person and even in your circumstances I know that you are making a difference.
A person has to come to term with grief & anger in his/her own way. These feelings come out particularly strong during the holiday season when "family" gathers together, oftren in the form of depression, lonliness, and sometimes anger. FAL50 clearly misses his love & what his family could've been all these years.

Quote:
Also, to those of you that don't agree, I never push my beliefs on you or make fun of your beliefs. We are all at different places. SO please don't belittle those of us who are seeeking some spirituality whatever it may be in this world. You have every right to think whatever you want of it but I would never insult you for thinking that way. So just return the favor! There are many reasonable people who are willing to discuss spiritual matters and are very rational. Let's respect each other.
IMO, those who attacks you because you mention your religious belief are themselves "insecure" in their non-beliefs. Anyone who's secure in his/her beliefs would simply acknowledge this is your view point and his/her maybe different without attacking yours.

Old 11-29-2009, 12:04 PM

Hey HB2HSV, I agree witht he holidays being very lonely for many. I have been there and still am at times!I have gone through hell and back with a few attempts to end it all and so I do understand there is hell on earth. Thanks for understanding that all I was trying to do was be kind and understanding . I think I have outlived my hippie generation these days.

Old 11-29-2009, 03:01 PM

956 posts, read 2,500,870 times
Mawoods: I too believe that all things happen for a reason, I just struggle wondering why things so horrific do happen. I wonder if I will ever know. I am a God fearing person, for sure. I hope you didn't think I was questioning you. If so, I apologize as that isn't what I meant to do.
I believe spirituality comes in many forms.

Old 11-29-2009, 03:23 PM

308 posts, read 527,379 times
Mawoods,

The way the conversation is going is exactly what I wanted to prevent.

Quote:
Hey Fal50 Please be clear ! I am NOT pushing my beliefs on you!!!
I believe that you had no intention of doing just that, but you did when you mentioned :

Quote:
Fal50, I appreciate how you feel and one day you will be able to understand it all.
And that phrase is exactly what I have heard to many times.
At the time, when after months I finally could leave the hospital, there was still months in a hospital bed at home and over a year of theraphy to learn to walk again.
So many visitors came and used that phrase that at one point my housekeeper refused to let them in, I was about to get a hearth attack because of it.

For me it was very simple to understand what exactly happened, no questions were left unanswered.

On Thankgiving day 1990, 3 guys of 20 something, habitual drunks, thiefs and drug dealer and user, living in the projects on a life of crime, did their usual habits of partying and drinking.
They used a stolen car and on that little hill on Sparkman Drive due to being drunk, speeding and the rain, the driver lost controle of the car, crossing 5 lanes and hitting our car head on.
Drunk driver was killed on the spot, drunk front passenger died the next day in the hospital, and the drunk rear passenger survived the crash.
My wife was brain dead and after 7 days declared dead after turning the support system off.
I came out a coma after the funeral.

A few months after I cam back home, I got sued by the mother of the drunk driver.
Her pastor had advised her to sue me, this for her loss of income.
She was still living in the same city housing, was still supported by our/my tax money, and her son was the one that caused the accident.
I won the case.

Once I was able to drive again and go to my shop, drunk #3 came to harras me on a regular base, this as revenge that the driver's mother lost the case.
I got a restraining order aginst him but he kept sending his friends to harras me.
This kept going on for years until one day in 1997 I hear on the evening news that someone tried to rob a grocery store and got shot by the store owner.
The robber was drunk #3.
The next day I went to thank the store owner and took him and his family out for a nice dinner.

The nightmare was finally over, drunk #3 was also dead.

Quote:
I was just trying to be empathetic and understanding. Yes, I have also been through loss and don't understand why and have questioned extensively as to whys but I am not trying to say you have to agree with me. I just wanted you to know that I also have experienced loss that I do not understand and somehow I think I will understand one day.
I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

And I can understand that you for yourself want to understand what happened.
And that is where we think different, I do know what happened, all was a result from 3 drunks.
I don't question any God, I don't blame any God, I blame 3 drunks.

I hope this settles the discussion.

Regards,
Fredd

Old 11-29-2009, 03:28 PM

Thanks Elizabeth! I too struggle and I believe everyone even people who believe in a higher being struggle to understand this horrible world. I didn't take any offense. I just was trying to be understanding and it came back to bite me. We are all on a journey and I believe we should all respect each other's beliefs and not put down the other as dumb because of the differences.

This is all I am writing on this subject.

Old 11-29-2009, 03:35 PM

Falco I am glad you won the case. And I apoligize for the pastor who told her to sue. They do not represent all people of faith and certainly not me. I hope life gets better for you and all I am saying is that somehow it can get better, even one minute at a time.

Old 11-30-2009, 05:22 AM

1,806 posts, read 5,706,712 times
I am familiar with FAL's position...

Maywoods (and anyone else), what you need to understand is that although you mean well by your posting, it isn't comforting to everyone and can in fact be salt on the wound.
To one not of the same mind it reads like a platitude, only working for those who appreciate the message. Such words happen to make me cringe...having heard that sort of thing a few too many times myself. I know where it comes from and the intent behind it, but my reaction is still one of annoyance. From a simmer to a boil, depending...

FAL50, the folks on this forum are a good lot, and the caring is genuine. We are sorry to read that the holiday serves as such a reminder, bringing you continued grief.

Last edited by 33458; 11-30-2009 at 05:33 AM.. Reason: Clarifying...

Old 12-03-2009, 11:03 AM

10 posts, read 12,869 times
Thankful for having found a job that I absolutely love in this economy but more importantly that my relationship with my spouse, children and family members is strong amongst all the challenges we have faced these past 3 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area