Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 08:40 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,979,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Last year Hampton Cove Elementary had the number 1 and 2 robotics teams in Alabama.

Alabama's Number 1 robotics team competes again next month:

Young robotics team gets place at World Championship FLL in April - WAFF.com: North Alabama News, Radar, Weather, Sports and Jobs-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2010, 08:10 AM

1 posts, read 2,484 times
My family and I are also looking to relocate to Huntsville and I was wondering what subdivision you live in, it looks Beautiful, exactly what were looking for. We have a 7 year old Daughter and she would love to play with all of the children and loves to fish.

Old 04-01-2010, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nato246t View Post
My family and I are also looking to relocate to Huntsville and I was wondering what subdivision you live in, it looks Beautiful, exactly what were looking for. We have a 7 year old Daughter and she would love to play with all of the children and loves to fish.

That is the Twelve Stones subdivision of Hampton Cove. That lake is adjacent to Wellstone Lane where the kids are fishing. There are a lot of kids there. Twelve Stones is a great place to live because there are 1) excellent schools (Hampton Cove ES and Hampton Cove MS and HHS) 2) flat streets with low traffic so kids can play, 3) lots of kids, and 4) beautiful homes impeccably maintained.

In the summer the Hampton House pool is packed with kids. There is a big Hampton Cove Swim Team. That is a great deal, only $75 (I think) includes team swim suit, daily swim workouts and stroke clinics with coaches, and several swim meets. The other crown jewel (besides the Hampton House and the HCES/HCMS) is the Cove Park, Huntsville Eastern League sports teams. Lots of kids are on the soccer and basketball teams through HEL. The coaches are all parents who are really patient and cool. There are a bunch of videos on YouTube on these things, search for Hampton Cove and soccer, basketball, robotics, swim team, Twelvestones, and a few other key words.

By the way, that Twelvestones Lake has been there since the 1950s. There are a lot of fish in it, people are always catching bass and brim and maybe catfish (I've only fished in it a couple times). Right now there are some Canadian Geese living around it. It's the only Hampton Cove lake that wasn't built for the subdivisions. The previous owner of the land, Mr. Sublett, was a farmer and he dug out that lake 50 or 60 years ago. He recently died. I spoke with his sister in law who still lives in the Big Cove area.

Any other questions, please don't hesitate to post.

Neighborhood kids fishing on Twelve Stones lake
http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd316/charles_ucsb/DSC_5140.jpg?t=1270141103 (broken link)

Hampton Cove Swim Team 2009

Every Fifth grader at Hampton Cove Elementary goes to Space Camp

July 4th

Huntsville Eastern League Basketball

Huntsville Eastern League Soccer

Last edited by Charles; 04-01-2010 at 10:58 AM..

Old 04-01-2010, 10:49 AM

287 posts, read 500,763 times
Quote:
That is the Twelve Stones subdivision of Hampton Cove. That lake is adjacent to Wellstone Lane where the kids are fishing. There are a lot of kids there. Twelve Stones is a great place to live because there are 1) excellent schools (Hampton Cove ES and Hampton Cove MS and HHS) 2) flat streets with low traffic so kids can play, 3) lots of kids, and 4) beautiful homes impeccably maintained.

In the summer the Hampton House pool is packed with kids. There is a big Hampton Cove Swim Team. That is a great deal, only $75 (I think) includes team swim suit, daily swim workouts and stroke clinics with coaches, and several swim meets. The other crown jewel (besides the Hampton House and the HCES/HCMS) is the Cove Park, Huntsville Eastern League sports teams. Lots of kids are on the soccer and basketball teams through HEL. The coaches are all parents who are really patient and cool. There are a bunch of videos on YouTube on these things, search for Hampton Cove and soccer, basketball, robotics, swim team, Twelvestones, and a few other key words.

By the way, that Twelvestones Lake has been there since the 1950s. There are a lot of fish in it, people are always catching bass and brim and maybe catfish (I've only fished in it a couple times). Right now there are some Canadian Geese living around it. It's the only Hampton Cove lake that wasn't built for the subdivisions. The previous owner of the land, Mr. Sublett, was a farmer and he dug out that lake 50 or 60 years ago. He recently died. I spoke with his sister in law who still lives in the Big Cove area.

Any other questions, please don't hesitate to post.

Hampton Cove Swim Team 2009

Every Fifth grader at Hampton Cove Elementary goes to Space Camp

July 4th

Huntsville Eastern League Basketball

Huntsville Eastern League Soccer

Definitively not the place for diversity. Those pics looked sorta creepy.

Old 04-01-2010, 12:34 PM

964 posts, read 2,653,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmagoku View Post
Definitively not the place for diversity. Those pics looked sorta creepy.

Are you joking? What is creepy about them? I think those are awesome pictures! Would you prefer looking at old camper shells with blue tarps sitting the front yards along with some dirty old couches? Or maybe some graffiti on the sidewalks. Better yet how about a bunch of kids sitting around smoking, dreaming of their next tattoo or body peircing, with their dads nearby drinkin' some beer, not giving a @#$% what their kids are doing.

Old 04-01-2010, 12:38 PM

430 posts, read 1,062,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudmommy View Post
how about a bunch of kids sitting around smoking, dreaming of their next tattoo or body peircing, with their dads nearby drinkin' some beer, not giving a @#$% what their kids are doing.

That sounds like heaven to me

Old 04-01-2010, 01:06 PM

692 posts, read 1,507,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudmommy View Post
Are you joking? What is creepy about them? I think those are awesome pictures! Would you prefer looking at old camper shells with blue tarps sitting the front yards along with some dirty old couches? Or maybe some graffiti on the sidewalks. Better yet how about a bunch of kids sitting around smoking, dreaming of their next tattoo or body peircing, with their dads nearby drinkin' some beer, not giving a @#$% what their kids are doing.
I am 100% with you, no creepiness at all!! We live in the Deford Mill section of Hampton Cove and the reason we picked Hampton Cove in genreal was FOR that "creepiness." It is wonderful to have so many like minded parents in one place.

The kids love it. As an aside, my youngest is a multi-racial child and he fits in the pictures just fine, as do the minority children in Charles' pictures(I assume that is what you were trying to say with your diversity comment). You have to remember that Huntsville overall isn't a racially diverse place. However I have never found acceptance to be an issue, the population is too educated for such ignorance.

Old 04-01-2010, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmagoku View Post
Definitively not the place for diversity.
You're right, there isn't a whole lot of diversity in Huntsville - and that is reflected in things like restaurants for example. Also, it seems neighborhoods are either just about all white or all black. Ironically, my 10UG daughter's basketball team had one Vietnamese, on Pakistani, and one Chinese girl on the team, the rest were white. The teams they played were either all white or all black. I've seen a few southwest Asian (Indian and Pakistani) kids running around Hampton Cove Elementary School.

According to City-Data the racial demographics are:

Races in Huntsville:

* White Non-Hispanic (63.4%)
* Black (30.2%)
* Hispanic (2.0%)
* Two or more races (1.8%)
* American Indian (1.3%)
* Other race (0.7%)
* Asian Indian (0.6%)
* Chinese (0.5%)

Old 04-01-2010, 01:41 PM

8,742 posts, read 13,034,330 times
Quote:
You're right, there isn't a whole lot of diversity in Huntsville - and that is reflected in things like restaurants for example. Also, it seems neighborhoods are either just about all white or all black. Ironically, my 10UG daughter's basketball team had one Vietnamese, on Pakistani, and one Chinese girl on the team, the rest were white. The teams they played were either all white or all black. I've seen a few southwest Asian (Indian and Pakistani) kids running around Hampton Cove Elementary School
What's the % of hot moms in Hampton Cove (excluding our hot mom here on CD forum ) ?

Old 04-01-2010, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB2HSV View Post
What's the % of hot moms in Hampton Cove (excluding our hot mom here on CD forum ) ?
I'd say about two pi out of ten.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area