Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2010, 07:07 PM

24 posts, read 61,364 times

Advertisements

Ok, I have a question about Hampton Cove (not the area, the actual neighborhood).

I have been on the website and seen all the different neighborhoods. For those who know the area, which of the neighborhoods is the nicest?

I really like the appeal of Hampton House.

We will be looking to NOT exceed $475k, and the lower, the better (isn't that everyone though!). At $475k that does not wipe us out on downpayment and leaves us a good "kitty" to decorate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2010, 07:30 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,761,592 times
Depends on how you define nicest. Nicest to me means flat lightly, slowly traveled streets, with cul-de-sacs for kids to play in, like Twelve Stones (on the far northeast side).

I think the entire community is pretty and well maintained. The HOA will not tolerate neighbors who let their homes look bad. (I've had letters sent to me for leaving my trashcan in plain sight for example - didn't bother me - I complied - I'm glad they're tough.)

Some subdivisions in Hampton Cove have bigger, more expensive homes. Some streets (feeder streets like Cove Lake and Hampton Cove Way) are more heavily traveled. Some streets are hilly. Most neighborhoods have lots of kids.

It's just a great place to live, I'm glad we chose to buy there.

Old 04-09-2010, 07:46 PM

24 posts, read 61,364 times
Charles...thanks for the info!

I would DM, but apparently I have reached a max for the night!!!

Old 04-09-2010, 08:41 PM

268 posts, read 634,350 times
They are all quite nice neighborhoods in Hampton Cove.

Proximity to the Hampton House or other amenities might be a distinguishing characteristic, or proximity to the schools, or maybe backing up to a lake or golf course.

Old 04-10-2010, 06:29 AM

103 posts, read 278,206 times
I agree they're all nice neighborhoods. Cobblestone Cove is the only one still building new houses (start in the low 300s I think) so if you want something brand new that would be the place. You should also have plenty of nice options in your price range for pre-owned houses too.

Old 04-10-2010, 06:37 AM

1,178 posts, read 2,838,392 times
Come on out Little Cove Rd to McMullen Cove. When that road is finished it should really be easy.We will all celebrate when they finish.

Old 04-13-2010, 07:09 AM

60 posts, read 141,955 times
Depends what you want in a home (1) new vs. pre-owned and (2)location. We live in the older part of the neighborhood (Deford Mill) because proximity to the bike trail, school, and grocery was important to us. We walk and ride bikes a lot so wanted to be able to do that without getting in the car - and like walking to the grocery store. That said, we have had plenty of home repairs on our 14 year old home. If you are OK with a pre-owned home, some of the homes in Treyburne are very very pretty, as well as the homes right near the Hampton House (Hampton Cove Estates, Tammerack Lakes and Glen Eagles).

For newer homes, you will need to buy further down the road - in Cobblestone or Twelve Stones. Many beautiful homes there as well, but it is a little bit further to the Lowe's etc. Then again, with a new home, hopefully you will have fewer trips to Lowes than we do!

Old 04-20-2010, 12:47 AM

692 posts, read 1,503,103 times
Gretel, we are neighbors!! I am on Audubon.

We were looking in Arbor Woods and Deford, the kids picked Deford because it was closer to school, I thought Arbor Woods was prettier with the moutain backdrop(both offer mid level 4br/3ba/2 car homes at $300K-give or take a little). The kids loved the idea of being able to walk to school. Really we didn't care all that much(isn't that crazy?) but this is our 4th home in our 7th state, it seems we are less picky each time I think if there is a next time I will buy sight unseen

Just as an FYI, I have a friend that bought in Cobblestone after renting in Sussex. She hates where she is and wants to move back to this side of the street. She loved being able to bike to Hampton House just up the street and she felt more connected with the neighborhood on this side.

I also know many that like the secluded feeling of Cobblestone and Twelve Stone, so it is all about what you want.

If you enlighten us as to what it is you are looking for, I am sure we could help you more.

I would also recommend staying away from homes on Little Cove Rd, they seem like a good value for the money, but they are always flooding. One particular house had the carpet out front 3 times this last fall/winter. Craziness!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area