Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 08:51 AM

77 posts, read 134,949 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know if the super wal-mart is still in work over there? I'm not in the area yet, so can anyone tell me if it is progressing?

Google maps seems to show it almost right across 72 from the Madison Bowling center.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2010, 09:36 AM

1,268 posts, read 2,055,827 times
Not until 2012 at the earliest.

On a similar note, as a Madison resident, this really frustrates me. That Wal-mart and the rest of the development will be in Huntsville with Madison across the street. This is just one of those remnants of the HSV city and Madison city war w/ HSV land locking Madison.

What is going to happen is when that is built, many people will go there thinking that it is in Madison, when all of those tax dollars will be going to HSV.

Last edited by Maya Blue; 05-18-2010 at 09:46 AM..

Old 05-18-2010, 10:04 AM

8,742 posts, read 12,952,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewdog1 View Post
Not until 2012 at the earliest.

On a similar note, as a Madison resident, this really frustrates me. That Wal-mart and the rest of the development will be in Huntsville with Madison across the street. This is just one of those remnants of the HSV city and Madison city war w/ HSV land locking Madison.

What is going to happen is when that is built, many people will go there thinking that it is in Madison, when all of those tax dollars will be going to HSV.
You can tell the City of Madison to build a Home Depot on the west side (near countyline road) then I'll just shop there exclusively. You know it's bad when the HD employees recognize you on first name basis.

It doesn't look like Madison City has that much land to spare. It's been boxed in by the City of Huntsville.

ps- I'd love to have a Costco on this side of town !

Old 05-18-2010, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead80 View Post
Does anyone know if the super wal-mart is still in work over there? I'm not in the area yet, so can anyone tell me if it is progressing?

Google maps seems to show it almost right across 72 from the Madison Bowling center.
You'll have to be careful with all these rosy announcement of mega development. Often it fizzles out due to lack of funding, or delayed indefinitely.

A good place to follow this in on Huntsville Development News. It collects rumors/real news on real estate developments in the Huntsville area.

http://huntsvilledevelopment.blogspot.com/

Old 05-18-2010, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB2HSV View Post
You can tell the City of Madison to build a Home Depot on the west side (near countyline road) then I'll just shop there exclusively. You know it's bad when the HD employees recognize you on first name basis.

It doesn't look like Madison City has that much land to spare. It's been boxed in by the City of Huntsville.

ps- I'd love to have a Costco on this side of town !
And that Lowe's and Publix next door is Madison. Crazy.

As for a Costco, I would like to take out that shopping center on Madison Blvd behind the Golden Rule BBQ and put one there. Half of those stores are empty anyway.

Old 05-18-2010, 12:27 PM

346 posts, read 850,929 times
Quote:
And that Lowe's and Publix next door is Madison. Crazy.

As for a Costco, I would like to take out that shopping center on Madison Blvd behind the Golden Rule BBQ and put one there. Half of those stores are empty anyway.

Only stores of note in that plaza are Burke's and Dirt Cheap

Old 05-18-2010, 01:39 PM

49 posts, read 115,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamachic80 View Post
Only stores of note in that plaza are Burke's and Dirt Cheap
There's an excellent Vietnamese restaurant, Asian market and Bike store back in that strip. More ethnic restaurants back there would be nice.

Old 05-18-2010, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marzgyrl View Post
There's an excellent Vietnamese restaurant, Asian market and Bike store back in that strip. More ethnic restaurants back there would be nice.
Or a Costco

Old 05-18-2010, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Or a Costco
You'll need lots of space for Costco, both in & out (parking). There seem to be lots of vacant land on Madison Blvd, between wall triana and countyline. For example, the mall where Old Time Pottery is. That parking lots sits empty most of time. Then there are farm lands on countyline, now that's perfect for a Costco especially if they put in access to 565 from countyline.

Old 05-18-2010, 08:00 PM

956 posts, read 2,499,901 times
I know a good Realtor that could approach them, lol. Now wouldn't THAT be a payday! I'd have to take us all on a cruise

As for Walmart Supercenter....does that mean they will plow down Jimmy's? *gasp*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area