Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2010, 08:35 PM

4 posts, read 12,520 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone, my wife and I are moving into the CDA area this coming spring and I have been doing some research on apartment complexes in the area, trying to get a list together of places to check out when we arrive. We are in our mid 20's and have a cat. I am pretty open to price range, but I was hoping to get an idea from some people in the area as to which apartment complexes are worth looking at and which I should stay away from? Good neighborhoods, or bad neighborhoods? Any advice or suggestions anyone could give would be greatly appreciated. I would like to have a good base of 4 or 5 places to look at when we make it out there. Thanks for any suggestions you can give!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2010, 09:21 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,840,763 times
There aren't really serious "bad" areas to speak of, but there are certainly some dumpy run down areas. If you post up some addresses, I'm sure some of us can try to give you some feedback.

Old 10-25-2010, 10:39 AM

Here are a few of the apartments I have been looking at.... if you know anything about the area or the complex itself, I would like to hear anything you have to say about them..... thanks

Falls Creek Apartments :2831 North Julia Street Coeur d'Alene 83815

Ironwood apartments: 951 W Emma Ave Coeur D Alene

Cherry Ridge Apartments: 1053 Emma Avenue Coeur D Alene

Fairwoods Apartments: 1905 West Appleway Avenue, Coeur D Alene

Apple Way: 2712 North Howard Street, Coeur D Alene

Centenniel Trail Apartments: 366 N Bay St, Post Falls

Falls Park Apartments : 304 W 4th Ave, Post Falls (not sure if they are managed by same people as Falls Creek in CDA)

Parkside Apartments: 1814 N Spokane St, Post Falls

Timberlake Village: 176 Meadowview Ln, Hayden

Thanks again for any suggestions

Old 10-25-2010, 03:00 PM

820 posts, read 1,739,915 times
The ones I can comment on are Ironwood is kinda dumpy, so is cherry ridge. Personally, for the price of most apartments lately, you could rent a small house. Best thing to do is go on the apt finder website Apartment Finder

Old 10-25-2010, 06:30 PM

Falls Creek Apartments :2831 North Julia Street Coeur d'Alene 83815
No red flags on the location. But DIRECTLY adjacent to a very busy Lowes and commercial area. However, the residential areas north of I-90 off Ramsey are generally nice neighborhoods.

Ironwood apartments: 951 W Emma Ave Coeur D Alene
Cherry Ridge Apartments: 1053 Emma Avenue Coeur D Alene
>> Older neighborhood near KMC Hospital.
After I saw your post, I had errands to run in CDA so I drove over to Emma and looked around. There are some dumpy houses on the south side of the street, but most of the apartments look OK and the area certainly isn't bad at all. The Ironwood Apartments looked like they OK but I didn't look closely. And boy...this area has GREAT location. 2 minutes from I-90, biking distance from downtown/Sherman, walking distance to the river and Riverstone's theater complex and dining.

Fairwoods Apartments: 1905 West Appleway Avenue, Coeur D Alene
>> I would avoid these. Right on the I-90 freeway in a busy area. Sort of like having a hotel right along the freeway, only it's an apartment complex.

Apple Way: 2712 North Howard Street, Coeur D Alene
Even more in a commercial area than the N Julia locale. You're going to have a LOT of traffic noise. But it's not a bad area.

Centenniel Trail Apartments: 366 N Bay St, Post Falls
>> I don't know about this place. The proximity to the RR tracks wouldn't excite me. But if you got a unit on the far side of the complex that could be OK. Pretty close to Seltice (THE major east/west thoroughfare in this area) which is convenient, but over in a residential area near the river.

Falls Park Apartments : 304 W 4th Ave, Post Falls (not sure if they are managed by same people as Falls Creek in CDA)
>> Again, very close to the RR tracks, and this is more isolated from the residential area, but close to the river and what looks like a park and/or boat launch.

On this one and the Bay St location I haven't been by those places so I'm going off what I recall from being around that area. Just south of the river west of Spokane Street is a really neat park on the water.

Parkside Apartments: 1814 N Spokane St, Post Falls
Right on a main street that hits the freeway several blocks south. This is an older neighborhood, some surrounding houses are run down but most are decent. I was there yesterday (at the west end of 20th there is a park).

Timberlake Village: 176 Meadowview Ln, Hayden
>> This location doesn't come up in Mapquest. The 11200 block is off Wyoming east of Government Way. That's a pretty quiet area as you head up almost out of town.

Old 10-25-2010, 07:40 PM

Wow, Sage... thank you so much for all the information and taking the time to check those places out!! you have no idea how helpful you have been..... i greatly appreciate your insight..... from what you said, it doesnt seem there are too many actual "bad" areas.... just some busier and louder areas. But this is great! thanks again for all the help!!!

Old 10-25-2010, 08:59 PM

My opinion (and I'm not attacking anyone's "home" so please don't be offended) is that the area to avoid more is the areas off 10th to 15th down around Sherman. Don't get me wrong, there are some nice neighborhoods there, but quite a lot of seriously run down places and it's where I've seen a LOT more knucklehead types walking around. Guys I'd expect to see in drunken bar fights (felony assaults in bar fights still skew CDA's violent crime stats higher, FYI).

If you settle on 1-2 places and you're unable to visit, I'm sure one on the board of us could stop by and get some cellphone camera pics for you. I'm in CDA 1-2x a week for various kids' activities that Sandpoint doesn't offer (or doesn't have in the same quality/quantity). But Shaner's going to have more expertise on cost factor than my "man on the street" opinion, so make sure to tap into that valuable resource as well. And to be clear, we have found that in Sandpoint (which I'm sure is like CDA in this regard) there are some house rentals that are in fact VERY affordable so that should also be an option if you want more space.

Old 10-26-2010, 02:23 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,746,219 times
I don't know any of these but good luck, Rick!

Old 10-26-2010, 02:54 PM

Sage,

thank you once again for the valuable insight!, once we narrow down a few places, whether apartments or houses, I will certainly let you guys know!! it is great to have a pair of eyes in the area already and I truly do appreciate your further willingness to help! We cant wait to make the jump and become part of CDA area and Idaho!

Hi Lisa, thanks for the luck, only a few more months!!!!

-Rick

Last edited by fdaley15; 10-26-2010 at 02:55 PM.. Reason: spelling mistake
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho