Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 12:30 PM

8 posts, read 23,680 times

Advertisements

We are thinking of moving to Idaho and would like some cities to start looking in. We have 6 children and are a very conservative family, moving from San Diego, California.

So many reasons that we want to move out of this state and fast. I work on the internet so I am able to move anywhere, my husband would be looking for work so it would have to be a city that has jobs. He works now as a project manager for a restoration company (construction estimator).

Can you all list some cities for me please that are good for families? Much appreciated!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2011, 01:09 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,843,476 times
stardolly,

I see you've only been a CDF member s short time. I'd encourage you to use the search feature to start doing your research on some possible areas, then ask some more specific questions.

In the North, he's basically out of luck for jobs in his field unless he works in Spokane, and even that could be rough.

Old 11-12-2011, 01:10 PM

10 posts, read 34,928 times
Stardolly,

what makes you leave San Diego? Im planning on doing the same-hate it here in SD! Where are you heading too in Idaho?

Old 11-12-2011, 01:15 PM

349 posts, read 1,040,873 times
I would research Boise and Twin Falls, if you prefer north Idaho, I would say Moscow or Post Falls but may need to work in Washington State and commute.

Idaho Falls is a great family community do not know much about the job market there. good Luck on your search.

Old 11-12-2011, 01:30 PM

8 posts, read 23,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicus View Post
Stardolly,

what makes you leave San Diego? Im planning on doing the same-hate it here in SD! Where are you heading too in Idaho?
Well so many reasons. I was born and raised here but really mostly the cost. We have big family and I'm tired of paying 2400$ for a 3 bedroom house. Unless you want to live in a very small house or in a bad area, that's what you are paying. Even then, we have to inner district transfer our kids plus me drive all 6 of them to their different schools. Basically, we just aren't making it out here, haven't been for a long time. We both work and really that's about our only option is to move. Since my job can go anywhere with a good internet connection.. it really does make sence to get the heck out of here.

Also the new laws California is passing, and the things they will be teaching our kids in public schools makes me ill. Everyone says seasons are overrated, but I'm sorry I'd love to have some seasons. To each their own but really I just want out of here.

Old 11-12-2011, 08:00 PM

473 posts, read 1,702,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardolly View Post
Well so many reasons. I was born and raised here but really mostly the cost. We have big family and I'm tired of paying 2400$ for a 3 bedroom house. Unless you want to live in a very small house or in a bad area, that's what you are paying. Even then, we have to inner district transfer our kids plus me drive all 6 of them to their different schools. Basically, we just aren't making it out here, haven't been for a long time. We both work and really that's about our only option is to move. Since my job can go anywhere with a good internet connection.. it really does make sence to get the heck out of here.

Also the new laws California is passing, and the things they will be teaching our kids in public schools makes me ill. Everyone says seasons are overrated, but I'm sorry I'd love to have some seasons. To each their own but really I just want out of here.
I concur with all of the above Alot of people are getting tired of all these California laws sooner or later the citizens will have to put their foot down or get outta this place.
Best friend left here went to Idaho because it is alot more reasonable in price, cost of living and less people.

Old 11-12-2011, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadbad2004 View Post
I would research Boise and Twin Falls, if you prefer north Idaho, I would say Moscow or Post Falls but may need to work in Washington State and commute.

Idaho Falls is a great family community do not know much about the job market there. good Luck on your search.
I was considering Washington by the Vacouver border but I heard the property taxes in Washington can go up at one time like 30% Alot of people are losing their homes in Washington because of this I hear.
This is worse than the Republik of Kalifornia (State of Chaos).

Old 11-12-2011, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicus View Post
Stardolly,

Is that South Dakota? or San Diego? I have heard North or South Dakota are the states that the population is going down which is a good thing

Old 11-13-2011, 07:21 AM

349 posts, read 1,040,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray427 View Post
I was considering Washington by the Vacouver border but I heard the property taxes in Washington can go up at one time like 30% Alot of people are losing their homes in Washington because of this I hear.
This is worse than the Republik of Kalifornia (State of Chaos).
I am aware that is why I mentioned possibly working in Spokane area of Washington and living in the Post Falls area.

Old 11-13-2011, 08:13 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,275,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadbad2004 View Post

As said, Idaho Falls is a great family community, however the jobs are scarce. You did say construction though and they will be be building the new Areva plant just west of town I can't recall who the main contractor is, hopefully someone else will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho