Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2019, 11:13 AM

3,260 posts, read 6,756,993 times

Advertisements

I too did all this research over nearly 2 years ago before we settled on a more retirement oriented area west of Buhl. However we go to Buhl to shop at the Ridley's fairly often as well as eat at a few of their restaurants. Their gas there is also usually lower cost. The people in these smaller towns (Buhl, Filer, Gooding, Hagerman) are the most friendly and welcoming of all from my experience. Jerome is heavily Hispanic, so if you're one that would be ideal for you. Twin Falls is indeed a small City as it has virtually ALL of the typical conveniences of a city. Top notch health care via St. Luke's Hospital with a ton of physicians and also dental care all around the city. Tons of restaurants with many of them being the chains you see in larger cities so no shortage of eating options. Not much in the area of movie theaters but otherwise pretty full of all one would want. The home prices have indeed been rising but a $300K+ budget will still work. Buhl even MORE so. With a bit more land included as well. Personally I head to Twin Falls when I need my major medical or stuff like a Costco or WinCo run, but otherwise stay out of there. I'm a person who loves my peace, quiet and no traffic kind of guy. Twin Falls actually has a rush hour morning and night. Nothing of course like a Boise, but compared to my home a huge difference. You pick what you're looking for accordingly. My suggestion is if your parents are headed to Buhl look in THAT area. The 20 minute drive to Twin Falls is no biggie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2019, 09:38 PM

6 posts, read 3,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Since Christie was last here in 2013, she'll probably never answer your question.

Twin Falls has grown a lot since 2012, too. I think you would probably get more pertinent answers if you started a new topic about how life in Twin is nowadays.

Thanks banjomike, i will start a new topic

Old 10-07-2019, 09:40 PM

6 posts, read 3,785 times
Thank you for sharing your experience, dcisive
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho