Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2016, 08:17 AM

7,380 posts, read 12,670,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
BTW there's another thread on the True Crime forum. Lots of people interested other than us Idahoans so might be better to post there.

DeOrr Kunz -- E. Idaho Boy Still Missing
I don't think Lilly meant that the thread should be moved, just that there are several different forums where the case can be discussed. But if True Crime sleuths want to read Idaho comments to the story, they can surely sleuth their way to us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2016, 08:25 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,492,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
LillyLillyLilly,

The parents and the other two camping are suspects as well. The father has retained an attorney and the "friend" of the grandparent had an attorney over two weeks ago and refused to meet, or have his attorney meet, with the TX firm.

I guess you know something I don't, which is fine. Please post your references so we all can review. You probably saw one attorney talk to the press tonight. Please feel free to summarize.

No, I won't move this thread to True Crime. If you review the timeline, a very real and viable theory was abduction by a mountain lion or other animal. It's been < 2 weeks since the TX firm announced what they did.

One of my purposes in starting this thread was to make others aware about a missing child. As I wrote above, only today did LE say the parents' stories were inconsistent.

My other purpose was to let everyone post their theories and ideas, while ensuring speculation didn't stop other young families or adults from visiting the area. Adults have to monitor children closely anytime there is running water, any steep hillside or other things found in nature. Toddlers wander and explore. In the pictures I posted from a Boise TV station, anyone unfamiliar with the area who wonders about it can see a lot from the pictures. Since this story is now the lede on many websites, I believe it is more important than ever to leave this thread in the Idaho forum.

In the U.S. I thought until someone was charged with a crime the presumption was innocent until proven guilty. When the day comes that one or more of those present, as I do think there will be more than one person charged, is charged with a crime or crimes and the case goes to court, then additional discussions belong in True Crime. True Crimes has lots of posters who speculate and rarely all the facts. It was also not modrated well, unless a new moderator has replaced who was there and her blatant biases. This thread has facts. I'm actually a little saddened and disappointed to have you suggest this thread be moved.

Thanks for your suggestion, but I'll pass and ask Sage to leave this forum in the Idaho forum.

MSR
I'm so sad that I've saddened you.

But I didn't ask that it be moved. Just that there's another thread in which, BTW, I posted a link to this thread. Sad!

Old 01-26-2016, 05:13 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,440,097 times
Isaac Reinwand gives an interview without his attorney. He's younger than I expected. I'm not sure who told the Lemhi Co. Sheriff he was someone the grandfather had just met. You can read what he says about that.

Isaac Reinwand: I had nothing to do with DeOrr's disappearance - East Idaho News

MSR

Old 01-27-2016, 01:24 PM

3,782 posts, read 4,249,635 times
Latest with a letter from the first PI that was on the case and how he dropped the parents due to parents misrepresenting the facts and having lied.

Former DeOrr Kunz investigator releases letter calling parents actions suspicious | News - Home

Old 03-01-2016, 05:46 AM

This seems strongly worded to me. But we all know LEO need to be 100% correct. This was new information to me.

Private investigator in DeOrr Kunz investigation issues statement | News - Home

MSR

Old 03-02-2016, 01:03 AM

An interesting and direct response.

Kunz attorney: 'Klein should be sued for defamation' - East Idaho News

MSR

Old 03-02-2016, 08:28 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
I would like to hear what a lot of our former law enforcement officers and others have in their thoughts about this.

The Kunz' attorney addressed a question I had when the detective agency began making those public statements. The recent one was the second, and I thought the first was a betrayal of personal confidence. I don't know any private eyes, but I know a lot of cops, including some detectives, and none I know would have ever made such suspicions public before any criminal inquest or charges have been made.
In fact, none I know would have said a thing until after a grand jury proceeding, a trial, and a verdict. Even then, they wouldn't have gone public without knowing everything they said could be backed up with facts presented in the trial.

Privately, some of my law enforcement friends have shared their suspicions and beliefs on some cases based on their experience, but only knowing beforehand that I would never share anything they said publicly. I understand that they are opinions only, and opinions are where rumors are spawned.

I also know that rumors always leap to the most drastic or the most common conclusions with nothing to back them up. Rumors are like gossip; they spread fast, are always based on predjudice and/or supposition, and seldom look at the most obvious possibilities.
In the wold of gossip, where everyone and everything is supposed to be perfect as a base starting point, any person or event that doesn't conform to common beliefs is suspect. This is especially true when the closer an individual conforms to the common beliefs. The same is true with events. Beliefs are easy when facts can be hard.

There is a very old problem solving principle called Ockham's Razor. It gets its name from an English clergyman, Friar Ockham, a scholar and theologian.
Essentially, it says: Among competing hypotheses, the one with the fewest assumptions should be selected.

A "razor" is a mental device to cut away all the junk that can surround the kernel of the truth. There's a more common description of the principle; If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and flies like a duck, it's a duck.

In the Kunz case, everyone has publicly said they don't know what happened to the little toddler. By now, everyone has been questioned closely and frequently, as is as it should be. The area has been searched over and over. A lot of intelligent people have directed their mental powers in finding a solution to the mystery whose job is to solve mysteries.

The most obvious fact in all this is: Lots of disappearances in the wilderness are never resolved.
Apply Ockham's Razor.

I don't know why the detective agency is doing what it's doing, but I think they deserve more speculation at this point than the Kunz family. Apply the razor. How much to any of us know about that outfit? How much to we know about the dissapearance?

Old 03-02-2016, 08:41 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
I'm so sad that I've saddened you.

But I didn't ask that it be moved. Just that there's another thread in which, BTW, I posted a link to this thread. Sad!
We're not supposed to cross-link topics here, I think, but I don't think its against forum rules to mention another thread in a different sub forum. I hope Sage can clear this up. I may be wrong.

Personally, I agree with MSR. An Idahoan is going to know more about Idaho than an armchair detective in Cincinnati who has never been out here.
It's not that their opinions may not be accurate; but given our geography, I believe it's like shooting a shotgun in a dark room. Anyone is bound to hit something, but there's no way of knowing if that's the right target while the room is still dark.

Old 03-04-2016, 09:00 AM

After the family fired the P.I. this week, their attorney sent this letter to the Texas P.I. to announce the family would be suing him. There are a few letters back and forth that are missing here, but that is fine with me. I started this thread to alert others about this missing child. This thread is not a legal record. However, information in Mr. Browning's letter needs shared. Mr. Browning is a local Idaho Falls attorney.

http://www.localnews8.com/blob/view/...stigations.pdf

MSR

Old 09-08-2016, 08:53 AM

69 posts, read 69,762 times
Saw the cover of People Magazine in the doctors office. I didn't get to finish the article (or borrow magazine). Not a complete story on People's website.

DeOrr Kunz: Parents of Missing Idaho Toddler Talk to PEOPLE : People.com

When trying to find more information on the case I found this article.

One Year Later: The DeOrr Kunz Mystery - East Idaho News

So sad!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho