Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2016, 09:29 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,445,058 times

Advertisements

Just read this...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/class...d78_story.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2016, 10:23 PM

6,357 posts, read 7,768,830 times
Hey, we're famous! From the article, (Bold added by me).

Quote:
Treller said he settled on Coeur d’Alene after scouring city-data.com, a website where he looked for his ideal mix: conservative election results, low crime rates, solid incomes, low population density, affordable house prices — and few illegal immigrants, because he said they erode “American culture.”

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Old 08-27-2016, 10:46 PM

247 posts, read 196,740 times
I sure as hell can't disagree with the guy in volosong's quote...especially the part about illegal immigrants. The longer Idaho can keep them at bay, the longer it will stand strong, tall, and proud as a shining example of USA culture and heritage...not to mention a lot of other positives.

Old 08-28-2016, 12:34 AM

160 posts, read 252,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagle Sam 2016 View Post
The longer Idaho can keep them at bay, the longer it will stand strong, tall, and proud as a shining example of USA culture and heritage...
Wow, almost sounds like a quote Chief Joseph might have made.

Last edited by T M H; 08-28-2016 at 12:45 AM..

Old 08-28-2016, 05:03 AM

4,319 posts, read 4,206,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T M H View Post
Wow, almost sounds like a quote Chief Joseph might have made.
And your quote comes straight from Saul Alinsky's teachings...

Old 08-28-2016, 10:54 AM

7,380 posts, read 12,670,445 times
Henry, I think TMH's comment was tongue-in-cheek...

Could we possible have as fair and balanced a discussion as (surprisingly) the Washington Post article?

Old 08-28-2016, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
Henry, I think TMH's comment was tongue-in-cheek...

Could we possible have as fair and balanced a discussion as (surprisingly) the Washington Post article?
It was nothing more than a genuine observation.

Native Americans must have had the same fears when immigrants took their lands, annihilated their people, and destroyed their culture and heritage. They fought hard, but they lost.

The whole “trail of tears” is a survivalist story not that dissimilar to the philosophy of modern-day preppers, except that their whole world/culture had already collapsed when they made that trip.

It was only an observation - fair, balanced, no politics.

Old 08-28-2016, 11:35 AM

7,380 posts, read 12,670,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T M H View Post
It was nothing more than a genuine observation.

Native Americans must have had the same fears when immigrants took their lands, annihilated their people, and destroyed their culture and heritage. They fought hard, but they lost.

The whole “trail of tears” is a survivalist story not that dissimilar to the philosophy of modern-day preppers, except that their whole world/culture had already collapsed when they made that trip.

It was only an observation - fair, balanced, no politics.
I wasn't criticizing you, and I agree with you completely. I guess I heard an undertone that wasn't intended. And the "fair and balanced" remark was intended to be directed elsewhere...

Old 08-28-2016, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
I wasn't criticizing you
I didn't think you were - just wanted to clarify that my comment wasn't "tongue in cheek."

Old 08-28-2016, 12:16 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by volosong View Post
Hey, we're famous! From the article, (Bold added by me).

Goes to show that we, as posters to the C-D Forum, have more responsibility than we realize.

It wasn't that long ago when no one knew a thing about Idaho except her residents. When asked, more folks thought Idaho was Iowa. When corrected, they knew nothing of us except for the potatoes we grow.

In truth, that's still the way it is, even though we are now much more present in most folk's minds than we ever were before in the past. And even though more people are less confused as to Idaho-Iowa now, Idaho remains half Glamor Girl and half Ogre to the rest of the nation.

Be aware. As Idahoans, we already know we are some of both of the above, but what we say here can affect us all in ways we cannot know, or even perceive, in our common future here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho