Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 12:18 PM

207 posts, read 809,785 times

Advertisements

Yes, however look at the comparisons here between Hailey and CDA. Alot wetter in CDA tha Hailey. Sun Valley is too expensive to live in.

On average Coeur d'Alene, ID is warmer than Hailey, ID by 2°F.
Coeur d'Alene, ID recorded the highest temperature of 109°F in 1961.
On average Hailey, ID is cooler than Coeur d'Alene, ID by 8°F.
Coeur d'Alene, ID recorded the lowest temperature of -30°F in 1950.
Coeur d'Alene, ID averages more precipitation than Hailey, ID by 9.9in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2008, 03:59 PM

93 posts, read 473,566 times
like other people have said, we can all give you our opinions, but they may not have relevance to you.

if you're doing your own research you'll see that Sun Valley is the name of the resort itself, located near the town of Ketchum. so you'll find more info if you use the town names, not the resort name.

i agree, ketchum is expensive, there is the "posh" element, and there is a sizable second-home owner population there. however, you don't need to be a millionaire to live in the area, especially if you are not looking to buy. there are a few towns down the valley from Sun Valley resort that are more working class, and not nearly as expensive: hailey, bellevue, carey, etc. i know lots of regular working class folks who live in these tows and own good homes. they are not millionaires.

i would choose the Wood River Valley in a heartbeat over CdA, and i did!
i am moving my family to hailey very soon. i think the nature in the whole Wood River Valley is outstanding, and to me, superior to that of CdA. plus you have the Sawtooths, and the Frank Church Wilderness area right there (the largest roadless wilderness area in the lower 48.)

these places have a very different feel to them. the wood river valley has a number of small towns, with a small town feel. hailey surely has strong liberal undertones, and there is a substantial ecological/environmental consiousness running through the town's population and local government.

i've found this local paper to be a valuable resource. gives you a good feel of the area i think.
Idaho Mountain Express: Wednesday - April 16, 2008

Old 04-17-2008, 08:56 PM

207 posts, read 809,785 times
Thanks, check your PM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho